real time web analytics
Information - - Severalls Demolition | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Severalls Demolition

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ijm88

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It looks like Severalls will be demolished very soon. Planning applications have been coming in thick and fast on the Colchester planning portal and contractors have erected hoardings around the site advertising the development of new homes. A lot of trees have been removed adjacent to the main hospital buildings in preperation for the demolition contractors to move in.

Thankfully a couple of buildings will be retained, including the Administration Block, Larch House, The Water Tower and a fairly substantial section of the main echelon building.

If anyone out there wants one last visit to the old place, now is the time!!

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Secca said it would be quite a while before the main body of work was started so there is still time.

Mps6

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was told by someone who is carrying out work at a site im at that. "all the dirt we are taking from you is going onto the severalls sight when its started" So im waiting until i see the trucks outside my window.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
The severalls site is massive tho. Work has already been going on for years.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A proper Severalls farewell trip... If that includes a B52 carpet bombing the place it might actually entice me to go take some photo's.

S

Supersonic

Secca said last week that there's no plans on any demolition in the near future as far as they're aware.

lmid4581

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys im planning a trip possibly to severalls on the 11th september does any one live close by who could give me an update as to whether its still standing closer to the time
cheers

S

Supersonic

So I've just revisited Severalls. Demolition has started (at least what's the secca guy said) - didn't even manage to get Near the fence when a guy in a huge pick up truck came and hit me with a huge spot light and said if you even try to get in we'll call the police. Place is a lot harder to get into and seems mostly gone:(

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So I've just revisited Severalls. Demolition has started (at least what's the secca guy said) - didn't even manage to get Near the fence when a guy in a huge pick up truck came and hit me with a huge spot light and said if you even try to get in we'll call the police. Place is a lot harder to get into and seems mostly gone:(
Any pics?

S

Supersonic

Any pics?
Didn't even manage to get in :(
Got followed by a secca truck from the main gate all the way back to where we had parked and still got asked what we were doing looking around one of the outer buildings

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details