real time web analytics
Report - - Sewer Skank, Manchester June 2011. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sewer Skank, Manchester June 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

SSSI Sewer Overflow

I went for a solo visit here sometime last year, but after having broke my tripod on the way in I struggled to get any decent shots

None of us were feeling it on this occasion either, Note to Self: I won't be going back

We even had a run in with the Police on the way out, was funny listening to MJS explaining away with his pictures what we were upto :D

An unassuming brick pipe in the Moss Brook is home to one of Manchesters finest shit-holes

Once inside the near 6ft brick pipe draped in all manner of grime twists and turns through stale air eventually winding it's way up to the storm overflow chamber

1.jpg

8.jpg

It's here that 2 big trunk sewers merge into one big sea of turds, the only thing seperating us from the fresh was a 4ft barrier before it disappeared under a huge penstock

2.jpg

If your adventurous enough for a mooch you can climb up some rungs for a look at the penstock controls in the smaller brick chamber above the sewer

It even has it's own heater to keep the controls from getting damp

3.jpg

4.jpg

At the opposite end there is a ladder down to another small chamber that allows access to the opposite side of the sewer, at best you can stand here and watch the turds overtaking :D

5.jpg

6.jpg

Not the cleanest of places :rolleyes: but still a worthy effort if your into this sort of shit

Shouts to WB & MJS for hitting this one up with me :thumb

Last edited: