real time web analytics
Report - - Sheepscar beck . Leeds , April , 2023 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheepscar beck . Leeds , April , 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
My first explore up in Leeds plenty to chose from but opted to dip my toe so to speak with a short culverted section of the sheepscar beck . Hoping over the wall at barrack street access was easy enough view downstream then looking upstream

P4080247.JPG

P4080248.JPG
corrugated metal with a walkway at the side
P4080250.JPG
looking back to the outfall
P4080251.JPG

P4080252.JPG
small brick pipe discharging in to the culvert , moving on upstream the side walk ended and i had to get in to the water the style also changed from corrugated metal to concrete box section
P4080255.JPG
view downstream then upstream
P4080254.JPG

P4080256.JPG
coming to the end it was easy underfoot
P4080257.JPG

P4080258.JPG
view upstream then the infall
P4080260.JPG
diddnt exit here but went back the way i came in
P4080261.JPG
only a small one and there are other sections to it down stream but at 470 meters it was a nice little jaunt :thumb thanks for viewing

Natah-X

What am I doing?
28DL Full Member
These photos look great! I'm hoping to do my own explore here in the coming days and so I'm wondering 1: are waterproof boots essential to explore round here? and 2: It looks quite easy to get down to explore but I can't find anywhere to get back up again. Any advice?

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
These photos look great! I'm hoping to do my own explore here in the coming days and so I'm wondering 1: are waterproof boots essential to explore round here? and 2: It looks quite easy to get down to explore but I can't find anywhere to get back up again. Any advice?
Its a really easy one wellingtons are more than enough might even be ok with boots as its only a couple of inches deep , I walked it there and back but either end is ok for access :thumb

Novice Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm sure to the entrance of that tunnel, I'm sure you an climb up and you'll end up in an old leather mill if I'm thinking of the right one. I'm sure it's William cooks old factory. great pics

Who has read this thread (Total: 193) View details