real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield Central Post Office 28/05/07 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield Central Post Office 28/05/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with......everyone!

I'd completely forgotten about this until I was going through all my photos. We went here as part of the North East road trip earlier this year and I must have got bogged down with all the hospitals and overlooked this little beauty! Access was hilarious! We'd got in the night before after soooo many drinks and a lot of bottle so after a night on DBS's sofa, it was back to here in the morning after we'd sorted out an easier way in. Gorgeous staircase and so many great signs (back in the day when I didn't go on shopping sprees), there are probably all still there! It was a great site, I dunno what access is like now but I'd like to go back. Anyway, here's some pics:)

IMG_2948-600.jpg

IMG_2941-600.jpg

IMG_2940-600.jpg

IMG_2938-600.jpg

IMG_2937-600-1.jpg

IMG_2935-600.jpg

IMG_2930-600.jpg

IMG_2927-600.jpg

IMG_2925-600.jpg

IMG_2922-600.jpg

IMG_2919-600.jpg

IMG_2917-600.jpg

IMG_2916-600.jpg

DSCF1525-600.jpg

Syme at the top of the staircase
DSCF1522-600.jpg

DSCF1518-600.jpg

DSCF1516-600.jpg

Pixie and her radiator fetish :rolleyes:
DSCF1513-600.jpg

DSCF1497-600.jpg

Rookinella

28DL Full Member
Re: Sheffield Central Post Office 28/05/07 REPORT

I'm not sure but it reminds me of a BBC drama years ago called "Dead Letter Office" about people working in a sorting office. Makes me feel a bit sorry for the letters:(

minty447

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

nice one rooks, looks good. :thumb

MrPK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Love it!! :thumb:thumb its a 2 thumber :D

DBS

Est. April 2006
28DL Full Member

The entrance we used to get the big group in is now padlocked, and the barbed wire was redone recently, but the little window is still good, and the barbed wire is climbable, so yeah, it's still doable.

Great pics by the way, i can't get enough of those lights.

M

mini

nice one!
glad its still doable. everytime i pass the barbed wire seems to have changed, and mended.

Angel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Saul and I took a look at this place last Friday. Theres now a security cabin on site and work going on inside.

Thats really interesting!!

Rookinella

28DL Full Member

I still think this was one of the funniest, post piss up night time explores ever. I still can't believe how we all got in :p

Angel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I still think this was one of the funniest, post piss up night time explores ever. I still can't believe how we all got in :p

The Salvation Army was for sure! :crazy: After that - what could possibly hold us back?

DBS

Est. April 2006
28DL Full Member

It was a good night :) Looks like perhaps conversion is under way, not neccesarily a bad thing.

Shhhh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You pretty much always will miss it there, now. Besides a fair amount of it has gone. I got in on a night out after polish lorry driver reversed through the gates but I was so hammered I didn't know what to do really. :(

D

djemmo

I used to be a maintenance engineer for that building until we moved down to Brightside lane in 1999. It brings back a lot of good memories, any more photos available?

H

havefreak

Hey! I think I've been in this place... I used to live in Sheffield and some of my local friends took me several times to explore places. Looking forward to go back.

Beautiful pics, mate!

G

gleadam

Hi,
I worked in this building from 1980 to 1998 and very sad to see it in such a state. Would live to see more photo's or even have a visit myself. There was a telephone exchange there before and just after the war. It was in the basement. The generators were still there in the 1980's.
The bit that has been demolished (bus station end) was called the south yard extension and was more modern than the rest of the building. There was even a mustard gas filter system to protect telephone staff from gas bombs durring the last war.

newtxplore

28DL Member
28DL Member
Might head into sheffield centre today have a snoop around the outside see if i can find the building and a quick style entrance, check for patterns and security guards and might head in there some time :D :thumb