real time web analytics
Report - - Sherwood Rise Railway Tunnel - Nottingham December 2021 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sherwood Rise Railway Tunnel - Nottingham December 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Budge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
THE EXPLORE

Been exploring railway tunnels quite a bit recently as they hold a lot of interesting history and i always find it quite atmospheric spending a few hours underground with the camera, Another explore with @MotionlessMike.
I was quite surprised with this place as the portal we was going to be accessing showed no obvious sign that there was once a railway running through the area, also for people who know of the entrance we were quite skeptical on sending it during working office hours but after a bit of scouting around we got down as quickly as possible which was an interesting experience.
Although i do appreciate a good old sketchy ladder i enjoy then more when i have a rope and descender attached as i wasn't aware of the poor state of the current ladders in place, for anyone planning on coming to this place i would definitely recommend having a call out and or descending on a rope as the ladders arnt in the best shape and i wouldnt be surprised if they were to give one day soon.
After descending the ladders of doom i was surprised at the sheer amount of effort that had been put in place to block the portal entrance it was quite impressive to see,The tunnel itself was as impressive to see as its in such a random spot but gives the same problems most other railway tunnels do foggy lenses and dusty air.
After spending a couple of hours exploring the tunnel and playing around with some wire wool photography we called it a day decent explore and another railway tunnel ticked off.

HISTORY

See @Doug Judy report there a decent short read on the tunnels history there -> https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/sherwood-rise-tunnel-july-2021.129613/

Tunnel Gricer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice set of images, Looks a lot more graffiti down there since my visit, must be a tourist hot spot now :thumb