real time web analytics
Report - - Shipley Auxillary Unit - West Sussex - 21/11/07 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shipley Auxillary Unit - West Sussex - 21/11/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Timtom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For info.. Read REEF's report!..
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22788&highlight=shipley

Visited with Silverhatch and Fire-Fly.

At first not knowing what I was actually looking for (Silverhatch kept it a secret from me!:rolleyes:), spotting firstly the escape tunnel and thinking it was just a drain!
Heading down the escape shaft i soon found myself in the partially collapsed auxillary unit hideout. Hoping to head out the end where the roof had caved in i was scuppered by the very wet (it had rained alot!) clay that just wanted to sink and take my limbs with it. So realising I wasn't going to be able to leave that way. I was passed my camera kit, turned back and started taking photos. A little while later Fire-Fly and Silverhatch appeared and then happened the tunnel photos!. Its a great little explore to see what the 4? men would have had to live in for long periods knowing that if they were caught by the Germans (because it was a secretive organisation they weren't protected by the Geneva convention) they would be shot.

After I finished and left the shelter I went to look at the tree aerial during which i fell down as many holes (ventilation shafts and collapsed roof) as you could find! every few steps i fell down another hole!! :(:rolleyes:

Photos.

Collapsed.

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Shelf!
IMG_1609.jpg

Didn't get any external photos.. spent too much time falling in see. :rolleyes:

Fire-Fly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member