real time web analytics
Report - - Siloah Chapel - Llanelli - May 2024 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Siloah Chapel - Llanelli - May 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ryhsj

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
Some History:
Siloah Independent Chapel was built in 1840 and enlarged/rebuilt in 1855 to the design of architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The main gabled street front has a sophisticated design finished in render, with four giant attached classical columns (pilasters) capped by voluted or scrolled capitals in the Ionic Style. The chapel was enlarged/rebuilt again in 1904, to the design of arhitect David Jones of Llanelli. The current chapel, dated 1904, is built in the Classical Round-Headed style with a gable entry plan and Florentine-tracery window glazing. The building is Grade 2 listed.
The chapel flourished under the influence of
Thomas Rees, who quadrupled the amount of members for the small chapel, It operated until 2005 when it closed after years of decline
The Explore:

Entry was not a problem, there was some concern when a motion detector strobe light flashed in @A-DOG ‘s face but we did not spot any alarms, cameras or other motion sensors so we carried on.
Place was in suprisingly good condition, especially as the other chapels in the area were all basically ruined.

Outside view via google maps:
IMG_8768.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

Enjoy the photos!

The Photos:
Some views of the chapel itself
IMG_8537.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

There were tons of books just laying around
IMG_8542.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

Looks like someone was reading this one!
IMG_8547.jpeg

A drawer filled with something?
IMG_8544.jpeg

Some memorials and other of note things (unfortunately in welsh)
IMG_8545.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpeg

One of the hallways in the chapel
IMG_8548.jpeg

The organ, still in great condition, we weren’t gonna play anything as we had to be quiet in here
IMG_8549.jpeg

A view from the upper balcony
IMG_8550.jpeg

The organ
IMG_8552.jpeg

IMG_8553.jpeg

Turns out there were stairs leading up to the 2nd balcony, you just had to give the doors a little nudge, We were climbing up onto it from a table that managed to hold our weight!
IMG_8554.jpeg

IMG_8555.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

The aforementioned extension, gives off a completely different feeling from the rest of the chapel
IMG_8562.jpeg

Overall?
A good explore, nearly never got to explore it as @RealBBNC was concerned for alarms and stuff , if they put a motion detector in there im suprised we didnt set off any alarms.. atleast not any loud ones :oops

BBNC
Ryhs

Exploring with @RealBBNC @A-DOG

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Some History:
Siloah Independent Chapel was built in 1840 and enlarged/rebuilt in 1855 to the design of architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The main gabled street front has a sophisticated design finished in render, with four giant attached classical columns (pilasters) capped by voluted or scrolled capitals in the Ionic Style. The chapel was enlarged/rebuilt again in 1904, to the design of arhitect David Jones of Llanelli. The current chapel, dated 1904, is built in the Classical Round-Headed style with a gable entry plan and Florentine-tracery window glazing. The building is Grade 2 listed.
The chapel flourished under the influence of
Thomas Rees, who quadrupled the amount of members for the small chapel, It operated until 2005 when it closed after years of decline
The Explore:

Entry was not a problem, there was some concern when a motion detector strobe light flashed in @A-DOG ‘s face but we did not spot any alarms, cameras or other motion sensors so we carried on.
Place was in suprisingly good condition, especially as the other chapels in the area were all basically ruined.

Outside view via google maps:
IMG_8768.jpeg

IMG_8769.jpeg

Enjoy the photos!

The Photos:
Some views of the chapel itself
IMG_8537.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

There were tons of books just laying around
IMG_8542.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

Looks like someone was reading this one!
IMG_8547.jpeg

A drawer filled with something?
IMG_8544.jpeg

Some memorials and other of note things (unfortunately in welsh)
IMG_8545.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpeg

One of the hallways in the chapel
IMG_8548.jpeg

The organ, still in great condition, we weren’t gonna play anything as we had to be quiet in here
IMG_8549.jpeg

A view from the upper balcony
IMG_8550.jpeg

The organ
IMG_8552.jpeg

IMG_8553.jpeg

Turns out there were stairs leading up to the 2nd balcony, you just had to give the doors a little nudge, We were climbing up onto it from a table that managed to hold our weight!
IMG_8554.jpeg

IMG_8555.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

The aforementioned extension, gives off a completely different feeling from the rest of the chapel
IMG_8562.jpeg

Overall?
A good explore, nearly never got to explore it as @RealBBNC was concerned for alarms and stuff , if they put a motion detector in there im suprised we didnt set off any alarms.. atleast not any loud ones :oops

BBNC
Ryhs

Exploring with @RealBBNC @A-DOG
Loved passing here whilst staying at my nans in Llanelli, all sorts of good little beauts around the area isn’t there

Ryhsj

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
Loved passing here whilst staying at my nans in Llanelli, all sorts of good little beauts around the area isn’t there
I still have a few reports to put up from Llanelli, really underrated and suprised theres barely any reports from here!
RealBBNC has a good report on the barbican? I believe it’s called, the place had a bunch of do-overs

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very surprised by this. What a little cracker. So much to take in. Beautiful photos, that organ is something else. And what a contrast the extension is. 👍

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I still have a few reports to put up from Llanelli, really underrated and suprised theres barely any reports from here!
RealBBNC has a good report on the barbican? I believe it’s called, the place had a bunch of do-overs
Did you do the brickworks In Horeb? Funnily enough in my years of visiting Llanelli I’ve only ever explored the Penbre bunkers and said brickworks, lots of missing opportunity if you ask me

Swansea has got tons of stuff too if you search around, I remember on our drive to the LC2 pool you’d see at least 10 pretty large derps it wasninsane

Ryhsj

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
Did you do the brickworks In Horeb? Funnily enough in my years of visiting Llanelli I’ve only ever explored the Penbre bunkers and said brickworks, lots of missing opportunity if you ask me

Swansea has got tons of stuff too if you search around, I remember on our drive to the LC2 pool you’d see at least 10 pretty large derps it wasninsane
Ive seen the horeb brickworks but have not been, I haven’t been to the Bunkers either

Swansea has a few good spots but mostly aforementioned derps, a ton of churches and schools too, I have a few school reports I could do but not sure if 28dl is too fond of more basic school reports.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

There is hundreds of chapels like this across wales, tbh they are usually just kept quiet as they become wrecked very quickly