real time web analytics
Report - - Silverlands Manor Chertsey - October 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Silverlands Manor Chertsey - October 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CookieRaider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my second explore of this place, last time I got busted, having seen a few people have explored without a hitch I thought I would try again. No problems this time, apart from an eventful journey home being involved in a car crash on the M40, this was a good day.

History:
The exact date Silverlands was built is unknown, however it is thought to be between 1818-1825, the first owner being Vice-Admiral the Rt. Hon Sir Frederick Hotham. Silverlands was used as the Hotham family home until approximately 1887.

The Actors Orphanage was started in 1896 and was both a home and school to approx 60 children. The home and school was moved to Silverlands, Chertsey in 1938.
In 1941 it became a female nurse’s school for the nearby Botley Park Asylum and St Peter’s Hospital. This ran alongside the buildings use by the Actors Orphanage, until 1958 when the Orphanage Ceased to exist.

In 1990 Silverlands Nursing School amalgamated with other schools of nursing in Surrey and Hampshire to become the Francis Harrison College of nursing and midwifery.

At some point in the late 1990’s Silverlands ceased it’s role as a nursing school and the National Probation Service was looking for a new site for the ‘residential assessment and intervention programmes for adult males with allegations of, or convictions for, sexual offences involving children’. Silverlands in Chertsey was considered the most appropriate.

The proposal was met with strong opposition from local people who organised a candlelit vigil to protest about the site being used for such a purpose and were concerned about the impact of the 7000 children attending the 25 schools within a 2.5 mile radius of Silverlands. After a lot of debating and protests on 4th July, 2002, it was confirmed by the Home Office Minister that Silverlands will not become the home of the Wolvercote paedophile clinic.

However during this time, the Grade 2 listed building had already had £3.7 million pounds spent on its refurbishment. It remains empty. Its future uncertain.

15542555302_3c4d602a5f_c.jpg

15355712417_e9ccbbff02_c.jpg

15541724085_354e568528_c.jpg

15355713627_556cb185a4_c.jpg

14921544033_0ce38b7b10_c.jpg

15355112319_330ae0bc45_c.jpg

15542560962_7a423a72f7_c.jpg

15539050141_91249ff1e9_c.jpg

More images here; https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarthomas/sets/72157648367883600/

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nice history as well, often omitted.

I don't know why the kiddy fiddlers would warrant such a building, I'd have them shackled in the shittiest of buildings.

huey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oxygen Thief- that made me roar,couldn't agrre more with you.
Nice report and nice pics,top job that man.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one, love pictures of that room with the green stuff on the wall. Would love to check it out. We'll see.

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
nice one wouldn't mind a visit... almost did when very neat by but injured hand and pushing for time meant we didn't.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Well worth a visit. Pity it"s not nearer Yorkshire :)

It's gonna need a bit more spending on it now looking at that water ingress, I suppose the leads missing above ?

Looking at pic 1 I hope you shut the front door when you left ;)

Hope alls ok re car crash ?

Last edited:

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Nice pics there. I'm concluding that this place is a little less secure now. Any sign of secca presence? Also the decay is setting in a bit. All in all, good developments for a local derp-lover like myself

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
Such a lovely building, might have to give Mr Rincewind a jab and see if he fancies a road trip soon, need a break from the wonders of Yorkshire :) Great photos hun!

Much love

CookieRaider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics there. I'm concluding that this place is a little less secure now. Any sign of secca presence? Also the decay is setting in a bit. All in all, good developments for a local derp-lover like myself
No sign of security at all, we were there for at least an hour and a half. Another group arrived just after us and left after us too, don't know how they got on though!

Nice ones :thumb

Well worth a visit. Pity it"s not nearer Yorkshire :)

It's gonna need a bit more spending on it now looking at that water ingress, I suppose the leads missing above ?

Looking at pic 1 I hope you shut the front door when you left ;)

Hope alls ok re car crash ?

I did indeed shut the door! Although it was open when we arrived. I'm all good thanks, just a stiff neck!

Thanks to everyone for the comments!