real time web analytics
Report - - Slaley roc - Northumberland - june 2015 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Slaley roc - Northumberland - june 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Liarco2001

Teaching the boy to explore
28DL Full Member
Having previously visited this post on 13.2.15 and been impressed with the condition of the post and the way it is set out and clearly cared for (by someone in the village I think) I decided to take my Baby girl on her first roc visit.
Unfortunately between Feb and July someone for some reason has took it upon themselves to lock it up with a chain and a couple of padlocks
Couldn't see any contact details anywhere for access so we didn't force the issue and just left slightly disappointed and went for dinner.
DSC_1056.JPG

DSC_1059.JPG

DSC_1063.JPG

DSC_1066.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1061.JPG
    DSC_1061.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_1065.JPG
    DSC_1065.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 141

UrBaN2k14

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is one of my favourites and having already been inside, personally, I'm pleased it's secured now. It's a shame for those who'd like to go in inside because it is a good one. It'd be nice for land owners, if they choose to, to leave contact details so people can arrange visits if they really want to, even for a small fee. The padlocks and chain do look quite weak, but it is a solution nevertheless! :)

Liarco2001

28DL Full Member
Hmm well it's been unlocked for years and doesn't seem to have suffered. I wonder if something has happened since February to make them lock it as there was a note inside saying people were welcome to visit the post as long as they left it how they found it which I always do apart from maybe taking the odd bag of rubbish away.
Anyway it's a bit of a shame that the best post in the area is now out of bounds and if you ask me putting those locks on will probably just encourage trouble makers to make trouble. I'm glad I got a shed load of pics the last time we visited.

UrBaN2k14

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmm well it's been unlocked for years and doesn't seem to have suffered. I wonder if something has happened since February to make them lock it as there was a note inside saying people were welcome to visit the post as long as they left it how they found it which I always do apart from maybe taking the odd bag of rubbish away.
Anyway it's a bit of a shame that the best post in the area is now out of bounds and if you ask me putting those locks on will probably just encourage trouble makers to make trouble. I'm glad I got a shed load of pics the last time we visited.
Definitely done well to get to 2015 mainly unlocked and to still be in good condition, although It's always a matter of time until an unsecured post gets ruined by one of the few. There's always positives and negatives to all situations, good that it's safe, bad that no one can enjoy the history inside. Yeah I wonder if something has happened to it, it'd be a shame if there has. That's a good point, I've seen a few secured posts that have been structurally ruined by people trying to get in, but then who knows what those destructive people might do if they were to get in. It's always a difficult topic to agree on! :)

Last edited:

Liarco2001

28DL Full Member
Well I found that photo of the note, 8 years old like.
Signed by the loon. A member of this site
_20150706_195726.JPG
too

UrBaN2k14

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe The Loon is associated with this site, or it could just be a general plea for visitors to look after the post and leave it as they found it. I'm sure one post I went to he left a card saying "The Loon. Take only photographs, Leave only footprints". It's a quote i've always remembered ever since!
The Loons Report from 2007.

Liarco2001

28DL Full Member
There it is.... His calling card.
Sorry about the poor quality

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1436213488389.jpg
    FB_IMG_1436213488389.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 148