real time web analytics
Report - - Sleeping Giant - Kithurst Hill Sussex April 2018 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sleeping Giant - Kithurst Hill Sussex April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some more info here

"The 14th Canadian Army Tank Battalion used this tank and others just like it, for training. This tank was due to be used on the ill-fated Dieppe raid (19th August 1942) but developed mechanical problems so was left behind in Sussex. The 2nd Canadian Army Division used it as target practice on the South Downs and after the war ended efforts were made to remove the remains."

Just watched video and read the link and your report again, sincere apologies, I misread your report. Duh!!. I`m on some pretty heavy meds and on occasion misread a report. Sorry, your report did explain everything perfectly well first time, my stupidity jumped the gun and misread it.. But thank you for the extra answers and taking time to post the other links and video. I am not a stupid person, but I have made myself look foolish here. Thanks for not calling me out on that! Very kind of you.

That link and the words of Malcolm Oakley, describing the left behind Churchill are put beautifully, as is the video. This in particular describes my feelings exactly :

His quote " The 70th anniversary of D-Day was remembered 2 days before I took this image. I said a silent thank you as I pressed the shutter. "

Who has read this thread (Total: 239) View details