real time web analytics
Report - - Southern Railway Traffic Control Centre Bunker- Woking Surrey Oct 2013 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Southern Railway Traffic Control Centre Bunker- Woking Surrey Oct 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with Bauhausgirl

Like BHG, i have been chasing around looking at these Railway Control Centres! Deepdene was one of my favorite sites, so Woking was another one i wanted to see inside! For some reason the Woking Bunker has had very little exposure, i could find no info other than the stuff in BHG's report and absolutely no images anywhere, the only info i got was from a mate who had been in there back in the early 80's, all he could remember was that it looked like it did back in the war, lots of old Bakelite telephones and switchboards! So when i got the call for BHG late one night to meet up at woking i really didn't know what to expect! As we descended into the bunker the signs weren't good, lots of rubbish, but then we turned the corner and saw these amazing blast doors which lend into rooms packed with original equipment! We stood there with big smiles on our faces and thought how cool this place was:D ! It was a shame that the main control room had been gutted by a fire! Ventilation equipment, blast doors, telephones, telephone exchange and much more, it was a great find! Thanks for a great experience Bauhaus! This is what its all about:)

The only history is on Bhg report so check it out

Some pics

IMG_2718_zpsde1905a1.jpg

FIRST BLAST DOOR
IMG_2687_zps6e3f515a.jpg

CONTROL ROOM
IMG_2582_zps6139c79b.jpg

IMG_2589_zps65412a82.jpg

BLAST DOOR LEADING TO EMERGENCY EXIT
IMG_2664_zpsced9446e.jpg

BLOCKED UP EMERGENCY EXIT
IMG_2673_zpsa57c9d3d.jpg