real time web analytics
Report - - Spring Quarry Parts 6 to 8 - Canteens, Stores and the 4 Generators of the Apocalypse | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Spring Quarry Parts 6 to 8 - Canteens, Stores and the 4 Generators of the Apocalypse

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Engineer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Spring Quarry Parts 6 to 8 - Canteens, Stores and the 4 Generators of the Apocaly

:eek:Jaw drops yet again !!! Only thing to say.....Nice work !

Kinger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Spring Quarry Parts 6 to 8 - Canteens, Stores and the 4 Generators of the Apocaly

I think this can easily be overlooked, judging by the replies, i think people need to have a re-think what this place was actually intended for, not just some shite RoC post. This place is the ultimatum of any bunker in the uk, it dosent get any better if your a bunker whore, or cold war freak, this is it.

Totally agree with all of that!

"May as well quit exploring, because it doesn't get any better than this club" members:

Speed
Rooks
Markymark
Kinger
Montstar

hehe!

I'm so hooked on this place, I'm constantly thinking about return trips, I just hope the builders working down there have some appriciation of what exactly they're working on!

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Lamson tube win for win!

Its always been up there as the grail, an entire underground city for housing whats left of parliment after a nuclear strike, stocked to th gunnels and maintained purposefully. And now just before its completly wiped off the face of the planet, you guys have had the chance to get a proper look at it. Good work.

Raddog

28DL Full Member

This place is the ultimatum of any bunker in the uk, it dosent get any better if your a bunker whore, or cold war freak, this is it.

+1 to that

"May as well quit exploring, because it doesn't get any better than this club" members:

Speed
Rooks
Markymark
Kinger
Montstar

Maybe a few more than +1 to that ;)

larey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

And now just before its completly wiped off the face of the planet, you guys have had the chance to get a proper look at it. Good work.

Its not going to be wiped off the face of the planet, some sections are listed, like the hospital and exchange, but i agree, Dam good work!! :thumb

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

well, cleared out of all their epics :(

markymark

The shadow
28DL Full Member

think im ready for a return visit lol. stunning place nice report

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member

+1 to that

Maybe a few more than +1 to that ;)

I can think of a couple - and I'm not talking about Tupac and Michael Jackson ;)

Guess that Stig should be at the top of the "might as well give exploring" list - he had Tunnel Quarry as well. :Not Worthy

And there's the potential for an epic through trip :thumb

Heracles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Very awesome.... it just gets better and better.

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member

As an addendum to the explore of the decade (in my view anyway) the latest Sub-Brit magazine, is entirely dedicated to the CGWHQ. Thanks to Za Gringo for the news via CB. I got hold of a copy, and it's brilliant. The missing final chapter to Secret Underground Cities.

vwdirtboy

Keeuunnntt!
28DL Full Member

Did anyone know this underground facility was named after the world's first shopping mall?! Burlington arcade in london!

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member

Did anyone know this underground facility was named after the world's first shopping mall?! Burlington arcade in london!

no shit? :rolleyes: I thought it was named after some vole character!

We should be calling it EYEGLASS; as BURLINGTON was the code word for the site from 1961 - 1963. Duncan Campell's discovery of the code word led to it sticking in the popular imagination.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User

Subtefuge ftw.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User

You lot have some cheek not bumping the original reports!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Remember reading these many moons ago, superb write up :thumb