real time web analytics
Report - - St Andrews Asylum - Norwich - 2007-2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Andrews Asylum - Norwich - 2007-2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User

WARNING REPORT MAY CONATAIN LONELY CHAIRS

The main part of St Andrews Hospital at Thorpe closed in the 1990s and was quickly converted to flats. However the hospital had a large annex building which moved over to admin use untill it too closed in 2008. I first visited back in 2007, the annex building was still in use but we went to have look at the mortuary to the rear. As it happened the mortuary was pretty empty and a little strole around the live building revealed nothing much of interest, false ceilings all over! Soon after that visit the whole building closed and i went back for another look. At this time the building was yet to be boarded and had internal security which chased me around for about 20mins as i tried to get to see as much as possible. If i had been expecting anything good the building would have been a total dissepointment. Its empty, modernised an not really a hospital anymore.

However this weekend me and Lucy were in mustardville and she wanted another mental institution to add to the list so we went for a quick look. Granted not only is the building modern and empty its now boarded and smashed too! Great! However due to some of the pikey smashing we managed to find something of interest, so report here we come..

Finding our way into some of the more industrial areas we notice stairs going up into a loft. In the loft there was alot of chairs, but also alot of ledgers, records and books, 100s of them, mostly dating from the 1940s in proper leather bound ledgers printed at the old norwich printworks. Finaly we have found somthing intersting in this place!

picture017mod.jpg

picture023mod.jpg
picture033mod.jpg

picture050mod.jpg

picture027mod.jpg

picture058mod.jpg

picture039mod.jpg

picture042.jpg

picture063mod.jpg
picture059mod.jpg

picture099mod.jpg

picture095mod.jpg
picture093mod.jpg

picture087mod.jpg

Dont mention the seven bits of 'talk urbex' graffiti we found, pwn'd in 2009?? FAIL