real time web analytics
Report - - St George The Martyr church..Redditch, May 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St George The Martyr church..Redditch, May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited here with my usual friend man gone wrong. We arrived early on a beautiful sunny day en route elsewhere. It was a nice relaxed visit, but looks like it was getting a bit more trashed from the earlier report by KPurban. But luckily the damage was not too bad to distract from this lovely church.
The church was known as the church for the poor. Built in 1876 in the east end of the town which was expanding rapidly with the rise of industry, also a large influx of Irish and country folk moving there. The church cost 3,000 pounds to build, and was built by the local vicar and the owner of a needle factory. It was said the church was built for the poor so the poor would not lower the tone at the local parish church ( how backward did we use to be). The church continued to flourish with community event. When Redditch became a new town and new roads were built this part of the town suffered from lack of investment. So a new recreation hall was built on the side in 1992 for toddler groups, sports and social groups. Finally attendance grew so low it closed its doors in 2012. It was put on the market in 2014 for a guide price of two hundred thousand pounds, sadly it's still laying derelict though.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That really is a cracker that mate. Another top-notch set. Shame it didn't sell. £200k ain't bad but you'd need to spend alot converting I guess.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Thank you. I do indeed..I merge them but with as little hdr effect as possible.
Nice one it works well and not overdone. I've just started doing it in lightroom, always needs a fair bit of work to get looking right though still. What do you do it with?

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Nice one it works well and not overdone. I've just started doing it in lightroom, always needs a fair bit of work to get looking right though still. What do you do it with?
I need to start playing around with subtle amounts of editing. Post all my shots as taken. Seen some nice results on peoples posts from minor editing, but then i've seen some shocking results mostly on facebook from people overdoing it.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That really is a cracker that mate. Another top-notch set. Shame it didn't sell. £200k ain't bad but you'd need to spend alot converting I guess.
Thank you mate. I thought that was actually quite a reasonable price for this size building.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you, hdr most don't like it and like shots straight out the camera. I just use affinity photo for merging and tweekng.

Who has read this thread (Total: 159) View details