real time web analytics
Report - - St Georges Asylum, Morpeth 01/04/08 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Georges Asylum, Morpeth 01/04/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M

missangelfish

Visited with Mykal and Well Wasp.

The day started off rubbish - Tunstall Court again defeated me (and Mykal, not Waspy though, he is a complete ninja!). Maybe if it hadn't been for the beheaded pigeon....

St Marys followed (third time in two weeks for me, sick of the sight of the place now! I dare say Waspy will have a report up soon).

Okay my top three asylums I wanted to do, other than the usual NE tourist resorts St Marys and Cherry, were......1) Cane Hill, 2) High Royds, 3) St Georges. Having ticked off the first two I was really keen to do Georges.

So whilst we were up that way anyway I subtley suggested that we check out St Georges as well. It was just meant to be a recce to check out the new fences that had been put up.....but a recce turned into "oooh lets see if access is still do-able" ......which it wasn't, well not unless your a ninja.

It wasn't looking good but I scouted about and found another much more normal-person-friendly way in and the explore began!

After hearing horror stories of security we were unsurprised to find alot of doors nailed. So our explore wasn't quite as extensive as we would have hoped - we didn't manage to get to the angel anyway. But we did see quite a bit:

Most of the floors are like this:

IMG_0057.jpg

Always know the fire drill!:

IMG_0063.jpg

Pegs, number 28 was locked in a cage sadly!:

IMG_0064.jpg

Admin:

IMG_0070.jpg

Fuck knows.....:

IMG_0077.jpg

Water tower:

IMG_0078.jpg

Hall goodness:

IMG_0082.jpg

Very odd fireplaces:

IMG_0088.jpg

Laundry room, this was class:

IMG_0095.jpg

Bathroom:

IMG_0097.jpg

Isolation cells:

IMG_0102.jpg

Inside cell:

IMG_0100.jpg

Some more sexy wallpaper:

IMG_0080.jpg

Very glad to get in. Next on hit list - Deva.

ps: apologies if the pics aint that hot, I was a bit disappointed with them but I am dying of womanflu/virus so I'll let myself off - had to try very hard not to throw up goin round St Marys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Well Wasp

Buzzzzzzzzzzz
28DL Full Member
Re: St Georges Asylum, Morpeth - 01/04/08 - REPORT

well better late than never
here's my pcitures from the site
mine are kind of not worth mention after them two with their great shots, but we all start some where

this was the last site of a little road trip, it was great fun, but by this time my drugs had worn off and i was feeling very lousey, i was having trouble with easy climbing and my energy was nill, but this place was amazing and although i didnt look like i was having fun, i was loving it

DSC_0169.jpg

most of the coridoors in the places looked like this

DSC_0172.jpg

the patiant bank

DSC_0182.jpg

the main hall

DSC_0191.jpg

the bath room (or one of them)

DSC_0193.jpg

the isolation cells

DSC_0187.jpg

laundry i geuss

and a few people shots
DSC_0183.jpg

missanglefish

DSC_0184.jpg

mykal

i will put my st marrys report up soon i will include more of a write up in that

big thanks to mykal and anglefish for taking me along and giving me a great day out