real time web analytics
Report - - St. Gerard’s Hospital - Oct 2011 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Gerard’s Hospital - Oct 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

the invisableman

Sac magic
28DL Full Member
Not sure why i haven't posted these until now. But here they are. Visited solo.

History gathered from what i could find on the internet, which was sparse to say the least:

St. Gerard’s was the result of Father Hudson’s vision for a purpose built infirmary, not just for the boys of St. Edwards but for those from all Catholic homes in the Diocese and the Catholic children from the workhouse hospitals.

Whilst plans were being made for a National Health Service there was considerable anxiety about the future of St. Gerard’s hospital. When the 1948 National Health act was passed the Regional board agreed to pay hospital expenses and the hospital undertook to take patients according to their disability, not their religion.

In 1998 St. Gerard’s Hospital closed.

And because i always forget to take externals, here's one i found on the internet.
Two patients enjoying the air outside the hospital of St Gerards, at Coleshill. 1917
784-0.jpg

Image produced from the Windows on Warwickshire service with permission of Landmark Information Group Ltd. and Ordnance Survey, where Windows on Warwickshire is hyperlinked to Windows on Warwickshire, Landmark Information Group Ltd. is hyperlinked to http://www.landmark-information.co.uk and Ordnance Survey is hyperlinked to Ordnance Survey | See A Better Place.
(hopefully that should clear up any potential legal wranglings) :D

Anyway, on with the pics:
untitled2.jpg

untitled6.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled7.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled5.jpg

As always, thanks for looking :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details