real time web analytics
St Joseph's College, Up Holland May 2020 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

St Joseph's College, Up Holland May 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It’s an abandoned building that is illegal to get in to, why would it matter that we’re on lockdown ahaha it’s an empty building

Have u honestly missed all the advice & replies on such posts that has gone on here?
Its irresponsibly thats why, especially somewhere that is a complete death trap like St Jo's

Trev

28DL Member
28DL Member
It’s an abandoned building that is illegal to get in to, why would it matter that we’re on lockdown ahaha it’s an empty building
Right ignore the annoying little shits on here, everything to do with going into other people's property is illegal whether you break in or not . It's owned by someone.but it's your choice if you explore it

Flakyprawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’ve been in to this building and spoken to the very friendly security guard who made it very clear of the legality. But its very difficult to voice your opinion on this page without getting swarmed by a bunch of self righteous dicks ahaha

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Right ignore the annoying little shits on here, everything to do with going into other people's property is illegal whether you break in or not . It's owned by someone.but it's your choice if you explore it

I can only see 2 annoying little shits right now but ill play along, what laws are being broken?
Explain yourself, your both just looking a pair of idiots right now.

Flakyprawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can only see 2 annoying little shits right now but ill play along, what laws are being broken?
Explain yourself, your both just looking a pair of idiots right now.
I’m all for it and I’ve been in this building and countless others. My point is the fact you have to scale an 8ft fence is trespassing. I understand the issue with injury potentially causing an unnecessary strain on the NHS but I just think everyone going in on a guy who is entering a building In the middle of nowhere during lockdown is a bit ridiculous.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
You've just said you have to climb an 8ft fence, what happens if you injure yourself. You're just not getting it.
I don't care if you fall and kill yourself but do it at the moment and you tie up important workers while they deal with you, you put their lives at risk of contracting covid 19.

I'm still waiting for you or your mate to tell me what law is being broken, 3rd time asking.

I'm not going in on a guy going in a remote building, I'm being resistive to a noob arguing that they are in the right when they obviously dont have a clue what they are doing or talking about.

Have a read of this https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/trespass-law.47513/

Last edited:

Flakyprawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Im aware of civil offences and I think I’ve made it clear in my previous message that im aware of the point made on the NHS.

Maybe I was wrong to say illegal but thats not my point. Who are you or anyone else to make rules on what people can and cannot do especially when urbex isn’t the most ‘legal’ activity.

I hope that judging and getting involved is making you feel like you’re doing your bit and saving lives!

Flakyprawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Then stop with the negativity and let people make their own decisions. I dont care what his job is thats not what im talking about.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
You say you're aware of civil offences then you say you was wrong to say its illegal then you finish saying urbex isnt a legal activity.

It isn't about making rules or being negative, it's about trying to make you realise the consequences of your actions. We as a group, as a public face for the hobby have to project the most sencible attitude towards the goverment restrictions put in place and as you've seen admin have put out some very well written advice on the subject. Part of that attitude is to educate others that may not be aware of the consequences, most take the suggestions on the chin and have accepted the points made. A few have not responded well however and arguments like this have ensued.
You want to be left alone to make your own decisions, we all do but right now we have to do what the government tells us for the sake of everyone else.

Some government lockdown restrictions have been relaxed not lifted and the general attitude now is indeed that a bit of sencible light exploring shouldnt be an issue which is fine as long as the explorer is fully aware of what they are doing and extra vigilance taken not to endanger others. Common sence being an important key word. You wasnt projecting that sence of understanding to me however I only requested an explanation of the illegal comments that were made.

If you hadn't started with the name calling I wouldn't have replied and the more you keep trying to berate the person trying to explain the more respected approach to the subject the more you're going to get that person's back up.

Wandering around some bits of local abandonment is more acceptable than scaling 8 foot fences in the middle of nowhere and going round a reported deathtrap.

My job doesn't affect you directly so I wouldn't expect you to care. What it does effect unfortunatley is how vocal I've found myself being on this subject and that mixed with 4h sleep a day makes me less ameanable than others and rather grumpy with those that don't seem to accept they are the one in the wrong.
Speaking of which I didnt mean this to turn into an essay so with that I'm off to bed and tomorrow/today/later is a new day, I won't comment again.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 247) View details