real time web analytics
Question - - St Joseph’s, orphanage / mount st hospital, Preston | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - St Joseph’s, orphanage / mount st hospital, Preston

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thinking of attempting this place in the next few weeks as I’m led to believe it’s due to be converted. As it’s a two hour drive from me I was just wondering does any body who’s local / visited lately know if conversion has started and if entry is a complete no go? Just a general idea of wether it’s worth the try would be really appreciated and hopefully if it’s worth it get a report up as I haven’t seen one on here for a while about it

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ah this is the down (or up) side of not having Facebook
You are not missing much. Enjoy the real world, it’s a beautiful place.

Lots of talk about on site security etc but I’m sure I’ve seen something as recent as a few weeks ago. Plenty of good stuff near by, just like Talgarth I’d get there early and make the most of the long days, but plan ahead.

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You are not missing much. Enjoy the real world, it’s a beautiful place.

Lots of talk about on site security etc but I’m sure I’ve seen something as recent as a few weeks ago. Plenty of good stuff near by, just like Talgarth I’d get there early and make the most of the long days, but plan ahead.

Gonna have to jump on the tour bus for this as it’s all over fb, fancy a road trip?

obscureserenity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Make a map and chuck a load of other stuff on, loads to see around that area. At least if you fail St Joe's you've got some back ups. I'm sure you'll be fine but good luck!

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just an update I realised that there’s two st Joseph’s (a college and the orphanage /hospital). I meant the orphanage / mount at hospital. Got on the grounds but every window has been breeze blocked up the very few that are open require either 14 ft people or ladders, gutting.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just an update I realised that there’s two st Joseph’s (a college and the orphanage /hospital). I meant the orphanage / mount at hospital. Got on the grounds but every window has been breeze blocked up the very few that are open require either 14 ft people or ladders, gutting.
Yeah I assumed you were talking about the orphanage. The seminary is getting a lot more visitors at the moment!

Every window was like that when I went last year, access was tucked away in a leafy corner away from the road, involved a bit of a climb to get to that bit but nothing too mad.

NickUk

Ermahgerd
28DL Full Member

Both the orphanage and the seminary are doable still!

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Both the orphanage and the seminary are doable still!
Bloody wish I could of found a way in I won’t give too much away but after getting on the grounds every window was blocked up and couldn’t find a way in to the court yard we did try for a good half hour 4 of us

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I really liked St Joes. If you go back try and think outside the box. Like Nick says it’s doable.

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I really liked St Joes. If you go back try and think outside the box. Like Nick says it’s doable.
I hope by out of the box you don’t mean underground because there was a man hole in the grounds but none of us wanted to try it, I’m scratching my head here haha. It does look an interesting building though with all its different uses it had.

NickUk

Ermahgerd
28DL Full Member
Dm me on here man.