real time web analytics
Report - - ST JOSEPHS RC CHURCH wigan- june 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ST JOSEPHS RC CHURCH wigan- june 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY- st josephs church was opened in 1872 to cope with the ever growing catholic population of the district , the church could cram in between 500-600 papists , even so the catholics soon outgrew this and an extension was built in 1878 and opened in late june to coincide with some saints birthday probably !
church attendance at this point in time was at an all time high, services were held in the morning and evening . over the years attendance fell as more n more people turned away from organised religion , this church that once boasted 40S music hall and movie star GEORGE FORMBY as one of its flock closed its doors in 1995 , this edifice to mans gullibility still stands empty after 21 years ! waiting for a new lease of life that will probably never come .

THE VISIT- after failing to gain access to another local building , we bumped into some fellow derpers who put us onto this place , it was a place i had rode past many times on my travels but had never really caught my eye, visited with my fellow 28dl member cazel#ht , the entry onto the property was swift to attract no attention from the bastard at the tool hire place who rings the police ! getting into the building was a bit precarious and there is pigeon shit everywhere ! take spare shoes for driving in folks ! at sundown this place is good for creepy gothic photography . this place is worth an hour of your time at most .

THE PICS- taken using my trusty 10-18mm wide angled lens, enjoy the pics folks !

wig1598189.jpg

wig131fff1.jpg

wig12f4809.jpg

wig11647ab.jpg

wig1050cb9.jpg

wig924eb1.jpg

wig842078.jpg

wig7f9ee5.jpg

wig6c592f.jpg

wig5db0ee.jpg

wig48c684.jpg

wig34e43b.jpg