real time web analytics
Report - - St.Mary's in the wood remains ( pic heavy ) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St.Mary's in the wood remains ( pic heavy )

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Terrorbore

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey there, firgured it was time to conduct my first urbex and check out the remains of this church, but first a brief run down of the site

St.Mary's was one of the oldest in my town of Morley (Leeds), records show that this was infact mentioned in the domesday book

since i can remember it has never been used in my lifetime, nor had i seen it be used and within the past year contractors had plans for it to be converted into apartments with an on site restaurant. campaigns were held to save its beauty as it was a much beloved church being a part of living history.

Early hours on a saturday morning around 2am it "mysteriously" catches fire after standing there hundreds of years, coincidence? who knows

This is what remained after the fire

Sorry for the slight blur of the pictures, i only have a digital camera, and i was using it one handed due to holding my fellow photgraphers tri-pod at the same time

025-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

027-2.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-3.jpg

030-2.jpg

031-3.jpg

032-3.jpg

033-3.jpg

034-1.jpg

035-3.jpg

037-3.jpg

038-2.jpg

039-2.jpg

040-2.jpg

041.jpg

And here is the now opened up crypt of the Asquith family, Herbert Henry Asquith being the liberal prime minister of the united kingdom from 1908 to 1916

042-1.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

046-1.jpg

And this is one of my friends photo's he had taken during our visit, with his permission of course;

right hand side slats on the tower, 3rd gap down...

All in all was an interesting trip, hope to find some more soon :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details