real time web analytics
Report - - St mary's stannington January 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St mary's stannington January 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh no not another St mary's post i hear you grumble, sorry it's my first visit and it's a long drive north and when it's snowing i feel i want to share the experience so please forgive me...Anyway it was a beautiful day the sun shone all day, got there very early so it was nice and quiet. this is a stunning site and well worth the trip, met two local photographers there from a local NE urbex group who said in the last six months the site had fallen victim to vandals, also met eight people from leeds who were visiting the site, as we were leaving they had a run in with security and as we were driving off a police car hot tailed it past us...too close. just to point out that these people are not what you would call discreet in there approach they parked right outside eating their lunch so more curious than urbexer's no offense if they read this.I know this has had a lot of attention recently so i tried to shoot something different where possible not easy i can tell you.Most of you will know the history for those who don't the hospital/asylum was opened in 1914 soon after the military took over the site and it was used as a pauper/mental hospital when it was haned back other buildings were added later such as the nurse's block the hospital finally closed in 1995 and is listed as grade ll so unsure of it's future...enjoy
a-5.jpg

b-5.jpg

c-4.jpg

d-5.jpg

e-5.jpg

f-4.jpg

g-4.jpg

h-5.jpg

i-5.jpg

j-5.jpg

k-6.jpg

l-3.jpg