real time web analytics
Report - - St. Paul's Church, Denholme. May 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Paul's Church, Denholme. May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explorerr101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This church was completed in 1846 costing £3,00 along with the help of members of the church. The church is a grade II listed building, so can not be demolished or altered without special permission. In 1997 the ceiling and roof were deemed unsafe and so it was closed for repairs but when looked into the repairs needed were extensive, the church was put up for sale. Although the church is abandoned and out of use, the graveyard is open to new burials.

I heard about this church from others and went for a solo visit, after taking a few minutes to get comfortable with all the noises and assuring myself I was alone, I had a look around. As many, this church is a victim of vandalization which is such a shame. I didn't manage to get to the underground passage as that area was pretty cluttered at the time of my visit. Up the spire on the first floor there was a huge hole right in the middle, and an unusual ladder leading up to what I assume the bell tower was. I didn't get any pictures of the second level as I didn't really want to take a hand off the ladder in risk of falling!

Really beautiful building, would love to find some pictures of when the church was in use!

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

This window is the way in and out of the church.
DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

DSC_0968.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know we've seen it a few times but it still looks good even tho' it's getting more trashed by the day :(
Like the snap shots mate :thumb