real time web analytics
Report - - St Paul's Church - West Yorkshire | 02/15 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Paul's Church - West Yorkshire | 02/15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
St Paul's Church - West Yorkshire | 02/15

This property was a little harder to find information on as it has a particularly uneventful past but here goes!

Designed by JB Chantrell, St. Paul's was completed in 1846 in an Early English style featuring a large gothic tower overlooking the village of Denholme. The constructions of the church cost £3,700 in total, a number that would have been significantly higher if not for the members of the parish contributing to the construction in their spare time.

St Paul's Church was granted grade II listed status meaning that it may not be demolished, extended, or altered without special permission from the local planning authority, but in 1997, soon after it's 150th anniversary the ceiling and roof were deemed unsafe and the church closed soon after this for repairs. Upon further inspection the repairs needed were found to be extensive and with great reluctance the building and part of the churchyard were put up for sale.

Soon after it's closure the Church of England removed a significant amount of the valuable items from within the property under the English Heritage's instructions, these items include but are not limited to the font, organ, bells and all of the stained glass windows from the ground floor.

Although the old church building is now closed (and ruined) the graveyard is still open to new burials.

[video=youtube;yEt46V1Xds8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEt46V1Xds8[/video]

16425226841_c8e41c082e_b.jpg

16239283848_184e393870_b.jpg

15806898893_778481a833_b.jpg

16239304718_a12fc433cf_b.jpg

16426024962_82192b25ff_b.jpg

15806927693_4862562136_b.jpg

16240742579_a5f5797241_b.jpg

16401005186_d626d7321b_b.jpg

16401012786_1db77e5ac4_b.jpg

Thanks for reading, all feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Some good shots there :thumb

I'm not sure if it's just my computer - sometimes images take a while to load -, but the first image is just a blank grey box?

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some good shots there :thumb

I'm not sure if it's just my computer - sometimes images take a while to load -, but the first image is just a blank grey box?

Cheers! Is it the first box after the text, or the first box after the video?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There seems to be a trend in the GoPro Brigade lately of showing access points into places, I know its evidently obvious at certain places, but (and I may have got this all wrong?) I thought access points were not supposed to be shown in photos, shouldn't video be the same ?

I know the only thing left for this place is for an act of GOD and the Church burns to the ground but i thought the idea was not to give walk ins to the Chavs, Metal Fairies & FB Gas Mask wearing Goons to visit ?

Was just wondering ;)

Nice pics BTW :thumb

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
Access here hasn't changed in about 3 years even after appearing in the telegraph and argus

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Lose the watermark chap, perhaps export a set that you're going to put on here without it and use the ones with it for your course?

You're pretty much guaranteed every thread you make, 90% of the replies will refer to it otherwise.

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There seems to be a trend in the GoPro Brigade lately of showing access points into places, I know its evidently obvious at certain places, but (and I may have got this all wrong?) I thought access points were not supposed to be shown in photos, shouldn't video be the same ?

I know the only thing left for this place is for an act of GOD and the Church burns to the ground but i thought the idea was not to give walk ins to the Chavs, Metal Fairies & FB Gas Mask wearing Goons to visit ?

Was just wondering ;)

Nice pics BTW :thumb

GoPro Brigade, I like it, might change our name to that! ;) We've had a few chats over this and each time we came to the conclusion of "If the access points are in plain sight upon arrival then there is no harm in showing them" and have been going by that ever since, but if the community thinks this is probably going to have a detrimental affect in the long run we could drop the access points all toghether?

Cheers!

UrbexploreUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another excellent report!

Looking forward to seeing more from you guys! :thumb

Thanks, keep your eyes peeled, more to come!

Lose the watermark chap, perhaps export a set that you're going to put on here without it and use the ones with it for your course?

You're pretty much guaranteed every thread you make, 90% of the replies will refer to it otherwise.

The unit has finished and I'm almost 90% sure I am dropping it for the final unit so you'll all be glad to hear.. NO MORE WATERMARK!