real time web analytics
Report - - St Saviours Church, Bacup, 03/15 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Saviours Church, Bacup, 03/15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dewhurst

North westerly explorer
28DL Full Member
Visited here with a friend armed with my new to me canon 450d, its the first slr i have ever owned. Visited many places in the past but photos were taken on my crappy phone, so just trying to get to grips with it at the moment (please be gentle :p) this is also my first report, thanks for looking.

Constructed in the mid 1860s to a design by Edward Wyndham Tarn, the church was Grade II listed in 1984 for its architectural and historical merit. In 1985 a single storey church hall was built at the west end. Dwindling congregation numbers as well as high maintenance costs led to the church council seeking to close the building for public worship.
The Church held it's final service in October 2007 and the parish merged with Holy Trinity, Tunstead.

outside.JPG
walkway.JPG
from the back.JPG
bible.JPG
bible on stand.JPG
baptism fountain.JPG
window ledge.JPG
outside.JPG
walkway.JPG
from the back.JPG
bible.JPG
bible on stand.JPG
baptism fountain.JPG
window ledge.JPG
baptism pool.JPG

Last edited:

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice first report, looks like a cracking place.

Looks like you have a couple of duplicate pics in there though and you might not want to state the exact date you visited, just the month should be fine. ;)

Nicely done on the shots though!

Dewhurst

North westerly explorer
28DL Full Member
Cheers thank you yeah its a beautiful place, in fairly good order saying its been shut since 07 too, don't know why its done that with the pictures only attached one of each photo, changed the title too cheers for that :) again thank you still a lot of practice needed yet but we will get there in the end :rolleyes:

Reich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like one of my special night visits is in order ;) Nice shots of the place, doesnt look that abandoned to be fair!

Dewhurst

North westerly explorer
28DL Full Member
Thanks for your kind comments, as i say still early days with the camera yet but practice makes perfect (hopefully :p) its definitely worth a look its a really nice place

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Wow that bible didn't last long for the front to be pulled off. Its 1827 that thing is very nice thing if tattered now. And that carpet now moved lol nearly fell into that thing it was covering a drop. No way into steeple that i could see but back of organ is interesting. Hope it dont get battered its a lovely place

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details