real time web analytics
Report - - Stand Athletic F.C. - Haslingden - January 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stand Athletic F.C. - Haslingden - January 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

VauxBex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stand Athletic F.C. - Haslingden - January 2016
Football Ground & Clubhouse/changing rooms

Can't remember where exactly I saw this, but I know I saw it online and then was like wow, okay, may as well go and check that out when I'm nearby. Anyway I was in the area and I decided to drop in, thinking it would only be the football field because I'm sure the pictures I saw of the place didn't have any off the building in it, which I find odd.

Anyway, was quite interesting as this one seems to have been derelict for a while and football/cricket or any other type of sports ground seem to have houses built on them within' a very short period of time (that may just be my area).

The clubhouse is of course, as usual, trashed, but not as bad as I expected which says to me it had been well sealed up until not that long ago. The club house incorporates the changing rooms etc and a bar into one. I imagine upstairs are offices however due to pigeons being heard (few missing tiles allowing them in) and having no mask or anything I didn't dare venture (as you will see on the video).

Stand Athletic F.C. was a football club based in Whitefield, Greater Manchester, England. In 1993, they joined the Manchester League, and moved to the North West Counties League in 2001. They moved to take over the Ewood Bridge ground of Haslingden FC around this time. In their first season at the higher level, they won the Division Two title, but were not accepted for promotion to Division One due to ground issues with this new ground.

After 12 matches of the 2002–03 season, they resigned from the North West Counties League, and rejoined the Manchester League for 2003–04, moving back to Whitefield. They finished 4th in the Manchester League Division One in 2008–09.[1] However, the following season they resigned from the Manchester League, by which time they were playing their homes games in Agecroft, Salford.

The club's overgrown pitch and dilapidated home supporters' stand can be seen from the East Lancashire Railway, close to the Irwell Vale railway station. The ground is located just off Blackburn Road (B6527) between the railway line and the River Irwell. It closed in 2009.

20160108_143607_zpszrnmrye2.jpg

20160108_142851_zpsprdozeg4.jpg
20160108_142837_zpsovhlnniu.jpg
20160108_142749_zpsv49wwfbs.jpg

20160108_142720_zpsbmmczpfb.jpg
20160108_142709_zps02ojdvxb.jpg

20160108_142552_zpshf1pxxyy.jpg

20160108_142524_zpswxguekau.jpg

20160108_142338_zpsd82jbfhw.jpg

20160108_142330_zpsispcj3sn.jpg

Video around the inside (well, where I could go minus pigeons).

Thanks

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went past this not so long ago on the train and though it might be worth checking out...unsure now though :p
Nice report, good job

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
ive seen piks of this and yeh it was totally sealed up not sure when it was re opened tho, nice job lad

VauxBex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks all three of you! much appreciated! I can imagine upstairs being totally covered in bird shit and either a function room or offices so I didn't bother, The Mill Hotel was more interest (and I didn't get around all of it)

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
Thanks all three of you! much appreciated! I can imagine upstairs being totally covered in bird shit and either a function room or offices so I didn't bother, The Mill Hotel was more interest (and I didn't get around all of it)
if you doa re visit ill come over