real time web analytics
Stanford Hall Lido, Loughborough - May 2013 | Yorrick | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Stanford Hall Lido, Loughborough - May 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Sitting in the grounds of Stanford Hall, this Grade II listed Lido began life as a reservoir holding the water supply for the house.

In 1928 Sir Julien Cahn purchased Stanford Hall from the Kimballs for £70,000.

Here Cahn built himself, amongst other things, an enormous outdoor heated swimming pool with coral walls holding fountains and artificial caves.

Crusader put this up as a lead recently so (like the Labrador I am) I went after it.

It’s a bit overgrown and on the other side of a ten foot wall, but well worth the effort. Cheers Crusader.

1.jpg

“Artificial cavesâ€￾

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Slide

5.jpg

I read somewhere that “the diving board steps were filled in in the 80'sâ€￾

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Archive photo (circa 1980?)

13.jpg

Michael Williams

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi

I'n totally new to this site and only came upon it when searching info on Stanford Hall Lido.

A friend of mine used to frequent this place, I knew nothing of it's existence, but I am interested in the atmosphere this place generates in my head, it is great but creepy, but can almost hear people having fun and laughing. It must be an eerie place to be in such a dilapidated state with such lovely history.

I'd love to visit there and take a heap of photo's and take the drone to do some aerial videography.

Do you have any suggestions how I can gain access whether legally or not, obviously if I'm to use a drone it would be nice to get permission from some one in authority? Any advice?

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by a moderator: