real time web analytics
Report - - Starfish & KQ decoy sites..Norfolk, October 2021 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Starfish & KQ decoy sites..Norfolk, October 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great photo, but we can see the bloke who is trying to hide. I think he will need somewhere better to shelter if the site was bombed.

Great article Mikey, I actually live a stone's throw from Rockland St. Mary, so I will take a bimble over there sometime. Norfolk is a wonderful, historic county, filled with many weird and wonderful sites.
Thank you. Yeah you can see him trying. It's worth a look, prob best waiting till about February when the overgrowth dies down. When I first went about seven years ago it was virtually clear to get in. Yeah Norfolk has unearthed some lovely stuff for me. And still finding little things about.

caiman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's a very interesting report. I was particularly interested to see the colliery type steel arches. Those are the wartime type with the lightweight section - much less steel used but not as strong or as safe as the normal peacetime arches. I used to see them underground at some of the older collieries but of course all that is long gone.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's a very interesting report. I was particularly interested to see the colliery type steel arches. Those are the wartime type with the lightweight section - much less steel used but not as strong or as safe as the normal peacetime arches. I used to see them underground at some of the older collieries but of course all that is long gone.
Thank you. I would never have known them steel arches were the same as in collieries. But now you say they look the same, prob the same company made them. I guess they don't have to be as strong as in a mine.

caiman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
At the time it would have been quicker and cheaper to use what was already available. Therefore they evidently used bog standard colliery arches in spite of only really needing something much lighter.

Who has read this thread (Total: 266) View details