real time web analytics
Question - - Staying hyped about casual, smaller explores | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Staying hyped about casual, smaller explores

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Cold war? You need a ROTOR in your life They will let you into Wartling R3 on workdays if you ask nicely. Think Bawdsey has been resealed but don't quote me on that.

Scottieboi

UrbeXUntold
Banned
Depends when you day it revealed very very recently bawdsey was opened I was down that maybe 10 days ago think it was open for a week abit was revealed a few days ago

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
ok I'm slightly pissed and that made no sense to me it was like a harry enfield sketch script:thumb

Saul

Basterd
28DL Full Member
I think the situation you describe is why I've ended up pretty much just doing European stuff. I don't really have the time to get out regularly in the UK but, by spending what time I get planning and then making the most of 10 days bombing about Europe seeing as much stuff as I can it combines a proper sense of getting away and seeing some epic sites.

Scottieboi

UrbeXUntold
Banned
Sorry it was opened by someone with what I can only assume was an angle grinder and i went for a good look down there and hen went back the next day and it had been re welded up

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just seen this and I can totally get what you are saying. Since I started in 2013 there has been these sites that everyone descends on. Everyone gives someone a pin and entry details and off everyone goes. You then get a barrage of pics ( even worse now) and if it's a place you did fancy it sort of puts you off, well it does me. We all go well travelled sites at some point and if they don't they are lying. We all ask people for locations at some point Just some on here find more epic stuff than others and hats off to them. I still do a lot off little local stuff. And I still get excited when I go to them because it's something I have hunted out myself. I still get the buzz doing that. I also find if you do some of the smaller less documented places it's nice because you get something different from the usual. I enjoy doing all sorts but still like military stuff which is what got me into exploring in the first place. Hope you did finally get your mojo back eventually.

Last edited:

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
This is a throwback. I think in hindsight it is still a case of just simple novelty factor wearing off. I can't really enjoy solo derping anymore but love a social event of going derping or otherwise. Everything in urbex just depends on how much you want it really

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is a throwback. I think in hindsight it is still a case of just simple novelty factor wearing off. I can't really enjoy solo derping anymore but love a social event of going derping or otherwise. Everything in urbex just depends on how much you want it really
I do a bit off both. I like solo exploring, but I do like going out for the day with my two mates as we have a great laugh and we have stuck together now for about seven years.