real time web analytics
Report - - Stewartby Brickworks, Bedfordshire - February 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stewartby Brickworks, Bedfordshire - February 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Donnie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all, well thought I would get over here before it all disappears forever as even though it's only been shut for coming up on 4 years it's starting to look pretty bare :(

It's been done a few times, the most recent report on here only 6 months ago but the author states the pictures themselves are from 2010 so these will at least serve to see the difference between now and then.

On with the pictures.

stewartby01.jpg

stewartby02.jpg

stewartby03.jpg

stewartby04.jpg

stewartby05.jpg

stewartby06.jpg

stewartby07.jpg

stewartby08.jpg

stewartby09.jpg

stewartby11.jpg

stewartby12.jpg

stewartby13.jpg

stewartby15.jpg

stewartby16.jpg

stewartby17.jpg

stewartby18.jpg

stewartby19.jpg

stewartby20.jpg

stewartby21.jpg

stewartby22.jpg

stewartby23.jpg

stewartby24.jpg

stewartby25.jpg

stewartby26.jpg

stewartby27.jpg

stewartby28.jpg

stewartby29.jpg

stewartby30.jpg

Donnie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, I was a bit shocked to see the signs personally, but looks like it was all filled in with concrete :(

stewartby55.jpg

At one point I thought I was going to be able to get into this building as there was a door behind a lean to fence that only had a bolt where a padlock should be, however after removing it I realised it was also bolted from the inside :(

I don't know what was in this building

stewartby20.jpg

As before I got there security spotted me and told me to sling my hook.
Told me to leave or he'd call the British Transport Police for being on the track, I told him it'd be unlikely they'd be worried about me using the level crossing though LOL, I think he thought I'd walked down the line :eek: I wonder if others have done that!

Bonus though was that he told me to go out a different way than I came in and basically pointed out a different gap in the security, which kinda made a mock of his job but I don't think he saw the irony.
:D

So, I know that I'll certainly be returning again and trying to get to that other bit to complete this report.