real time web analytics
Report - - Stewartby brickworks, Bedfordshire | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stewartby brickworks, Bedfordshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stoney2256

28DL Member
28DL Member
So, recently I visited a few places local to me. Having many free evenings leaves me feeling rather bored and so I decided why not start doing a bit of Urbex. My love for history and historic places is what drove me to start.
The first place in my list was the ruins of a 12th century church. Sadly I couldn't grab any pics of this because of bad lighting and the use of a mobile phone as my camera. The building and surrounding cemetery had a very dark vibe to it however was a lovely place to begin my adventures. This stop was followed by a visit to an abandoned brick works rather local to me(and I'm sure a lot of you know of it).
Arriving at the brickworks we where met by 3 towering chimneys looming above us. Equipped with torches and safety boots we ventured inside to find a absolute gem. The place was almost exactly as they left it when the plant closed in 2007. Books, clocking in cards, lockers, boots, even peoples jackets and hats still hanging up on the hooks of the mess room, waiting for the owner to maybe one day return.
See below, some images captured that evening however do forgive me for they are not the best and I am still a beginner. A return visit in daylight is definitely on the cards.