real time web analytics
Report - - Stoves-Warrington-28/07/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stoves-Warrington-28/07/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

Again, cant find much history for this place, i know it was called the grappenhall works and is based on thelwall lane near latchford locks in warrington and it last inhabitants were Stoves who unsurprisingly made, er, stoves and other electrical appliances. From the appearance of the place (mainly red brick with a large brick chimney) i would say it was built some time in the 1880s.

Visited with Lawrence.

Anyway, we arrived and ascertained that access was not to be gained from the front of this large site as thats where security were based so we headed off onto one of the side roads and into a housing estate to try and gain access there.

So off we wander down a track and i can hear chavs messing about as we're walking through some wooded wasteland so rather than spend a while trying to find access i thought id ask the chavs cos if anyone knows how to get into these places its the locals so i asked them to guide us in. 2 minutes later we were onsite.:D
Aforementioned chavs, one complete with baseball bat.
DSCF5866.jpg

Large ceramic oven.
DSCF5828.jpg

DSCF5830.jpg

DSCF5833.jpg

DSCF5836.jpg

The customary.
DSCF5837.jpg

DSCF5842.jpg

Was sad to see a fine set of avery's in this state.
DSCF5845.jpg

DSCF5848.jpg

For Gazza, "an apple a day"
DSCF5852.jpg

DSCF5855.jpg

DSCF5858.jpg

DSCF5861.jpg

If you fancy a look be quick, half of its gone already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawrence

Born With A Beard
28DL Full Member
Re: Stoves-Warrington-28/07/07-REPORT

No, that would be being led around by two young boys.... :eek:

I felt so uncomfortable with those two boys that were acting at tour guides... so i wandered off.... (sorry Si)

A few of my *cough* 10 pics i took at this site...

DSC_1581.jpg

DSC_1585.jpg

DSC_1586.jpg

DSC_1606.jpg

DSC_1610.jpg

DSC_1616.jpg