real time web analytics
Report - - Streatham Pumping Station, London - December 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Streatham Pumping Station, London - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
And you're asking a bunch of photographers over Thames Water becauuuuuse?

David Bate

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thames Water will send a surveyor that wont have a clue where it is, or will be working from the plans I have. It will get CAT Scanned which will find nothing but RE bar in the concrete base before any hint of pipe is located. I have already made enquiries. Thermionic used to live down Conyers Road where the Pumping station is, and showed a great interest in the Station along with the images. When this network was built it must have been a huge accomplishment and achievement to supply reliable fresh water to South West London. The network is amazing, to think this was built well over 100 years ago without a power tool in site, this is incredible. Assuming the members of this site might have more substance than commenting on photos, if an ancestor of a member built this I would think that they would be very proud to be part of such an achievement, and may have documented it. I know its a very long shot, but there may be an archive room in the station, or even personal photos of the installation, cobbled roads dug up etc. I am interested in the Network, and thought there may be someone on here with a similar interest that may have more info to hand. Its quite obvious your not, and I thank you for your useless comment

Thermionic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, just found this Thread. I'm demolishing a Workshop on Fallsbrook Road and the Main runs straight through the site from this Station. I was wondering if anyone had any archives on the network, or if you know where they could be found? I just want to know how deep it is and what its made of?
There is a detailed explanation of the ring water main here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Water_Ring_Main
From Streatham Conyers Road pumping station the pipe goes to Merton pumping station, so Fallsbrook Road would be above that route.

Killa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there
Here’s some info l have downloaded from the British Geological Survey’s borehole scan feature, giving details of the well below this pumping station:

6DDD0290-380B-4887-B704-CD28080F98EA.png

522BFA9D-26B8-4D35-8982-8A1818CE3A59.png

0CC78C8E-EF9E-4B66-9F32-F9E4FC16D2EA.png

7766831D-9E6A-4E82-A1FE-9D90DAC4A175.png

Hope this is of use!

Thermionic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow! Very long time since I had that drawing of the well. Mr Tysdale the Chief engineer at the time gave me a copy of it when I was doing my school project that I mentioned in the earlier posting in this thread. Of course, long gone from my possessions, so thanks for posting it...

Killa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow! Very long time since I had that drawing of the well. Mr Tysdale the Chief engineer at the time gave me a copy of it when I was doing my school project that I mentioned in the earlier posting in this thread. Of course, long gone from my possessions, so thanks for posting it...
Hi Thermionic,
Cheers, no worries. If you go on the BGS website on borehole scans you can click on the site of the well, open the file which has these drawings on it. I simply clicked “save image” and that’s how l did it, it’s free to use!