real time web analytics
Report - - Sunbeamland, the former home of Sunbeam cycles, Wolverhampton | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sunbeamland, the former home of Sunbeam cycles, Wolverhampton

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Explored with OT and Rqaddog.

This was the former home of Sunbeam cycles. The company produced bicycles, as well as "Star" and "Starling" motor cars. They are best remembered for Sunbeam motor cycles, which were manufactured in Sunbeamland until 1937

As can be seen from this view, only a small portion remains of what once stood

This shot features what remains today...the boozer is gone.
002311.jpg

Myself Turk and Raddog have had our eye on this for years... and there was never a snippet of a way in... until now.

After sunbeam had vacated the site was used by a company making small castings out of "Monkey metal" (I actually dont know what metals go into that). They made automotive components, toy cars, money boxes etc. I cant believe how untouched the works is.... I doubt it looked much different when the last motorbike was shipped out of there!

Urban Splash have bought the works which is fantastic news, I have not seen a bad conversion by them to date.

sunbeam27of28.jpg

sunbeam28of28.jpg

sunbeam1of28.jpg

sunbeam10of28.jpg

sunbeam11of28.jpg

sunbeam12of28.jpg

sunbeam13of28.jpg

sunbeam14of28.jpg

sunbeam15of28.jpg

sunbeam16of28.jpg

sunbeam17of28.jpg

sunbeam18of28.jpg

sunbeam19of28.jpg

sunbeam2of28.jpg

sunbeam20of28.jpg

sunbeam21of28.jpg

sunbeam22of28.jpg

sunbeam23of28.jpg

sunbeam24of28.jpg

sunbeam25of28.jpg

sunbeam26of28.jpg

This was really odd. The toilets were behind that wall, but the systerns were mounted on the other side, with some crazy mechanism to pull the chain. My only question is... why?
sunbeam9of28.jpg

sunbeam3of28.jpg

sunbeam4of28.jpg

sunbeam5of28.jpg

sunbeam6of28.jpg

sunbeam7of28.jpg

sunbeam8of28.jpg