real time web analytics
Report - - Swansea Borough Mental Hospital aka 'Cefn Coed' - April 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Swansea Borough Mental Hospital aka 'Cefn Coed' - April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
An asylum in all but name and certainly one of the last we will get to explore that still resembles the heyday of noughties asylum exploring. Theres not much i can add to Mockney's excellent report from here. He made a much better job of this that i did the first time i did Whitchurch for sure. (Then again you could argue it was just a tad easier!) We visited with Dweeb, Six and Clebby who had been in the week before and seen most of the place so it was a reasonably touristy ramble to start with. Wasn't really sure if anyone was about so we rushed in and out of the best parts ticking them off but as time went on we settled in and it was alot more like the good old days generally fucking about and enjoying it. It was the industrial part of the site that hadn't featured in Mockney's report, the tower being the most obvious bit. We tried several different angles at this but ultimately failed too. In the process however we did manage a few new areas to justify a report. Almost kind of glad its not over yet anyway. Exploring these places is so amazing it will be sad when it finally ends for good!

Starting off in the hall you could maybe give it a 6/10. It had been partitioned around 2/3 of the way along apparently some time in the 1980s if the decor was anything to go by. The larger part was pretty derelicty with an ankle breaker floor, the other part housed a gym. This had kind of ruined what would have probably been a really nice one but thankfully behind the also partitioned off stage area there were a few niceties lurking which made up for the partition a little. The projector room was pretty empty too but gave some good views across the roof tops. Yes to that tower over your head!

IMG_5976 (2).JPG

IMG_5981 (2).JPG

IMG_6011 (2).JPG

IMG_6021 (2).JPG

IMG_6024 (2).JPG

IMG_6003 (2).JPG

IMG_6033 (2).JPG

20180428_092548.jpg

IMG_6111 (2).JPG

IMG_6107 (2).JPG

IMG_6117 (2).JPG

The wards themselves seemed pretty bland and modern, the kind of thing you fear when exploring buildings nowadays really. Lots of stuff left its just all new and boring!! Still we didn't check them all so who knows.

IMG_5944 (2).JPG

IMG_5956 (2).JPG

The corridors much better with their chequer board floors.

IMG_6034 (2).JPG

IMG_6121 (2).JPG

IMG_5971 (2).JPG

The next bit we entered was the Xray department. This was really great, been a while since ive come across one like this and even then i dont think ive seen one quite so complete and mint. Even the floppy discs seem like a cool find nowadays.

IMG_6059 (2).JPG

IMG_6040 (2).JPG
IMG_6092 (2).JPG

IMG_6063 (2).JPG

IMG_6049 (2).JPG

IMG_6043 (2).JPG

We ducked in Admin and the Kitchens and Laundry

IMG_6176 (2).JPG

IMG_6170 (2).JPG

IMG_6160 (2).JPG

IMG_6143 (2).JPG

IMG_6128 (2).JPG

IMG_6138 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
There was a bit more in and out of various bits like Hairdressers etc. but really it was the industrial bits i wanted to post. The tower seems to only be accessible either directly from a locked door in the corridor or presumably from the tunnels which are still pretty live and seem well locked. I guess we will have to bide our time and wait for the smashy smashy lot to turn up!

The Boilers

IMG_6200 (2).JPG

IMG_6204 (2).JPG

IMG_6197 (2).JPG

IMG_6207 (2).JPG

IMG_6209 (2).JPG

IMG_6215 (2).JPG

IMG_6216 (2).JPG

Generator

IMG_6223 (2).JPG

IMG_6227 (2).JPG

Last edited:

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
That hall floor is worse than St Mary's. The hole to the left hand side didn't used to be there.. opps.