real time web analytics
Report - - Tams Pottery, Crown Works, Stoke on Trent - September 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tams Pottery, Crown Works, Stoke on Trent - September 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Visited with diehardlove and le Engineer.

Our sights had been set on bigger fish that day, but they didn't quite play out as hoped so we moved on to a secondary location. Stoke is jam packed of derelict factorys and pottery works, and we spotted countless places as we cruised around the towns.

Dweeb covered the history in his earlier report, which although full of photobucket picture fail is still a good read. http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40481

And then there's more here: John Tams Crown Pottery on the corner of Commerce Street and Stafford Street

It was a slightly short explore. I think we were in the building for about 54 minutes before deciding to move on, but saw all of the downstairs works, just skipping the upstairs office areas.

The place is FULL of pottery, I just (forgot) decided not to take any photos of it. :rolleyes: It's been severely pikey'd but I was surprised at just how much is left to see.

I said this after doing Whetherby's last year, but an extensive return trip to Stoke is needed to cram in as much as possible, so much to see!

A new style of action-external as we sped away from the pottery. :cool:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg