real time web analytics
Report - - Tetrosyl Bevis Green Works - Bury - May/June 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tetrosyl Bevis Green Works - Bury - May/June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Cheers to @Camera Shy and @host for the heads up with this one. We had to wait a while while the lockdown ran its course but it made for a pretty cool place to break the exploring fast as it were. I think this is one of those places that only people like me and @dweeb would really enjoy that much. Its far from glamorous, not a place for 100s of photos, just a good bog standard mooch about! It started out originally as a dye works dyeing wool and although i cant find any information on who owned it or anything like that there are still a fair few parts dating back to that kind of era. There was a large block at the back which was very dated but also odd bits tucked away all over the site that appeared to have been out of use for decades. The Tetrosyl company is quite cool too i think. A proper British company most famous for making 'T-Cut' paint cutting compound. They have a great history being founded around Bury and Rochdale and expanded into this works into the early 1960s. They still have two other manufacturing and distribution sites in the local area and the CEO has pledged to keep manufacturing in the UK no matter what. In addition to T-Cut they made all sorts of car paint and car care products under the brand 'carplan' and 'carlube' amoungst others. Over the years they have expanded out into DIY stuff too. This site seemed to have been home to manufacturing line for their version of 'polyfiller'. Parts of the site were warehouse, part manufacturing. At the front of site there was a technical center but annoyingly this had been stripped by the time we got there. Main parts i covered were the Thinners Store, Sprinkler House and the Main manufacturing and warehouse block. Not sure if its all going to be leveled but id imagine so! Hope they got a good price for it!

Attachments

• IMG_1777 (2).JPG
    IMG_1777 (2).JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent report mate. Glad you both enjoyed it some of them floors are a death trap.

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Ah cool, glad you both went and enjoyed it, like you say nothing too glamorous but some nice old buildings for a wander. Some cracking pics of the place too.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Really nice looking place is that, enjoyed the report! Nice old industrial premises are always good.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice report. Liking the 4th from end shot a lot. Nice remnants left behind, very photogenic:thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 210) View details