real time web analytics
Report - - Thames Water Bunker - Swindon - August 2016 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Thames Water Bunker - Swindon - August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
When I did it it had a chain and padlock but the door was bent just enough to be able to squeeze in, if its wide open now I'm also surprised it hasn't been utterly trashed.

Ah ok, that's unusual. It's normally wide open. I've lived in the village about 10 years and only seen it locked up for a matter of weeks at a time before it spends months open again. We used to hang about in it as early teenagers, drinking and smoking etc, but the thought of trashing it never even entered our minds. Presumably that mindset has continued with kids in the village.

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
Shame its the only one open, the sister sites are tighter than a nuns chuff.

Sadly true, I did try getting permission from Thames Water (and their property management subsidiary Emcor) but with no luck. They have literally no interest in what we do which is a shame.

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sadly true, I did try getting permission from Thames Water (and their property management subsidiary Emcor) but with no luck. They have literally no interest in what we do which is a shame.

Thats why you use your noodle and magically appear inside, grab pics, post a report up and rub it in their health and safety ass sir :thumb

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
@silentwalker There's many Thames Water Bunkers out there. An old BBC news article suggests 8. Myself and Kirkymole recced a couple many months ago and the others all seem to be tightly sealed and CCTV monitored. Blunsdon seems to be an exception and we are mystified as to why it is so accessible relative to the others.

The bunkers all seem to be constructed identically.

Anyways the results of our recce is in this thread. Be aware that the camera at Donnington, Gloucestershire, follows you around and has a fence that slices through human flesh (would you agree @Kirkymole !!) and Widdenton was full of contractors but could be all different now.

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@silentwalker There's many Thames Water Bunkers out there. An old BBC news article suggests 8. Myself and Kirkymole recced a couple many months ago and the others all seem to be tightly sealed and CCTV monitored. Blunsdon seems to be an exception and we are mystified as to why it is so accessible relative to the others.

The bunkers all seem to be constructed identically.

Anyways the results of our recce is in this thread. Be aware that the camera at Donnington, Gloucestershire, follows you around and has a fence that slices through human flesh (would you agree @Kirkymole !!) and Widdenton was full of contractors but could be all different now.

Yeah man I wouldn't bother with the other two now as they are so similar :thumb