real time web analytics
Information - - The Asylum List - 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - The Asylum List - 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
Chiltern wing, Sutton Hospital is coming down imminently. Access is no longer so readily accessible...lots of security cams and police presence. They are now building a prefab secondary school.

Sutton Hospital wasn't an Asylum unless I've missed something?[/QUOTE]
Well, that depends on your deifnition of asylum but it was a psychiatric hospital with an acute psychiatric ward, a geriatric ward and a rehabd ward on the chiltern wing. It's not yet totally destroyed, but the process is well started now. The older buildings of the hospitals are still untouched but bare inside.

LeeOAW

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep we gave up on Sutton hospital, too much security and workers on site

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Sutton Hospital wasn't an Asylum unless I've missed something?
Well, that depends on your deifnition of asylum but it was a psychiatric hospital with an acute psychiatric ward, a geriatric ward and a rehabd ward on the chiltern wing..

lunatic asylum or psychiatric hospital both the same thing

The_Bird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi all, i seem to be a tad late to the party, so as far as im aware there is one in london, not sure on access but im aware its near the newest one in the westminster borough i would of thought security would be tight up there although i may have to find it and investigate further, also ive been informed there are 2 abandon ones in swansea ?

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
hi all, i seem to be a tad late to the party, so as far as im aware there is one in london, not sure on access but im aware its near the newest one in the westminster borough i would of thought security would be tight up there although i may have to find it and investigate further, also ive been informed there are 2 abandon ones in swansea ?

Swansea only has one and it’s still in partial use

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
If we start listing every hopsital that had a Psychiatric wing, we will be here all year!

FYI (Not you Tumbles) - Sutton Hospital opened as a Cottage Hospital in 1902; it has nothing to do with the County Asylums.
Was it for me? FYI I'm a mental health professional so I'm pretty familiar with 1: the medical terminology, 2: the history of psychiatric hospitals here and in France too, 3: I used to work in Sutton Hospital which does not only consist into one psychiatric ward...but hey, who am I to pretend having knowledge when I am faced with someone as enormously all knowing as you :)

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Was it for me? FYI I'm a mental health professional so I'm pretty familiar with 1: the medical terminology, 2: the history of psychiatric hospitals here and in France too, 3: I used to work in Sutton Hospital which does not only consist into one psychiatric ward...but hey, who am I to pretend having knowledge when I am faced with someone as enormously all knowing as you :)

It was. Sutton Hospital may well have had psychiatric wards (as do most general hospitals today), but it wasn't constructed under the County Asylum Acts and therefore has been exclude from this list. It was constructed as a cottage hospital and at some point during its history, had a psychiatric ward(s) added.

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
It was. Sutton Hospital may well have had psychiatric wards (as do most general hospitals today), but it wasn't constructed under the County Asylum Acts and therefore has been exclude from this list. It was constructed as a cottage hospital and at some point during its history, had a psychiatric ward(s) added.
Semantics that lead to nowhere. The reality is that every part of it that is closed now and which consists into a rather vast area and a certain number of buildings ancient and modern, were a psychiatric hospital and served for almost half a century as a facility for people experiencing emotional distress (acute or/and chronic). Now I get your point, it's not on your list because it was never purpose built as a county asylum or psychiatric institution, fine, granted, I get the historical and perhaps architectural point.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1125) View details