real time web analytics
Report - - The Forum Cinema (aka. ABC / Cannon) - Liverpool - March 2016 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Forum Cinema (aka. ABC / Cannon) - Liverpool - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
did this place at the weekend , found a room full of camera lenses !...bloody luv those cans of pop !......crackin pics n report by the way !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
We thought that at first so poked a little plastic fork out of the wooden boards to see were we actually were when we looked at the front and it was the right building. I do recall there was an arcade there years back so maybe that was isolated from the theatre building sometime after it closed

Yeh, There was an arcade in next door 'Caesars Palace' I think. It also occupied the shop on the left hand side of the cinema entrance door. As typical with a lot of theatres the frontage contained shops so it might seem like you're in the cinema but you're just in the shop! The arcade has been closed years too. Been in there a couple of times myself but theres no link. at least not with the old hoarding and im guessing not with the new if you couldn't get through..

If you're interested this is all i've ever seen of the inside. From 2007. Looks ok but no real exploring of it. Just auditorium. Theres a hole in the roof back then so god knows what state its in 10 years on..

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That makes sense now, so the cinema entrance would have been between the arcade and the shop? We were just going off the decorative frontage above that spanned across the arcade etc but makes sense now why there wouldn't have been any access into the cinema from the arcade.

Enjoyed that little video, it must be in a terrible state inside now with it being open to the elements for all these years.. shame it will come down for yet more student flats soon :(

Adrian Rose

28DL Member
28DL Member
Lovely photos, cool to see the organ lift!
Although the organ console was removed in the fifties,it is reputed that the rest of the organ is still in the Forum behind the grilles immediately above the proscenium.Access is probably a problem as it either involves going up ladders or stairs or over the roof!!If its still there ,it means theres still three rooms choc full of stuff!

Mini nut

My local and favourite, gone.
Banned
Your photos are really good and I could easily stand to see some more if you ever go there again - but no hangovers next time! lol

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Afraid not. Like i say didn't have time to shoot the whole lot so empty rooms didn't get a photo.

Almost_Over

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What an amazing interior. So much wonderful art deco detail... They put so much effort and care into their buildings in those days.