real time web analytics
Report - - The Grand Hotel Birmingham - January 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Grand Hotel Birmingham - January 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Andy de Kay, Spider Monkey and Matt (Kriegaffe9)

I must tip my hat to Darbians for the tip off on this place! After seeing a shot of his from here I had to see this place for myself! Almost all the building had been stripping inside of most of the original features, many floors were back to brick and bare floorboards. Some office space remained pending further strip outs but after almost 40 minutes of searching we still hadn't found the main attraction, the ballroom! We knew it was tricky to find and only accessible via one door onto a balcony from which you had to climb down to the ballroom floor level. As soon as we opened that door we gasped at the sight of this room! Unbelievable in comparison with the state of the rest of the place this part stood almost immaculate with only some minor signs of decay…

After covering the ballroom, we snapped a few shots of one of the staircases before leaving happy with what we captured…

GHotel-1.jpg

GHotel-2.jpg

GHotel-3.jpg

GHotel-4.jpg

GHotel-5.jpg

GHotel-6.jpg

GHotel-7.jpg

GHotel-8.jpg

GHotel-9.jpg

GHotel-10.jpg

GHotel-11.jpg

GHotel-12.jpg

GHotel-13.jpg

GHotel-14.jpg

GHotel-15.jpg

thats it for now, few more will crop up on my report on my website once its no longer NP.