real time web analytics
Report - - The North Wales Hospital - January 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The North Wales Hospital - January 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
We were up in North Wales for a week of winter mountaineering and mine exploration and decided to call into Denbigh to take a look around the old hospital on our way back down south.

The drive from Snowdonia was amazing, more fresh snow had fallen overnight and the Mynydd Hiraethog had turned into a frozen tundra. With a clear blue sky and the mountains behind us we arrived in Denbigh mid morning and ready for some infiltration... A mindset which wasn't really necessary -Access was pretty much a walk in. I'd heard the stories of Elwyn and kind of hoped to have a run in just to make the visit that bit more exciting but no, just us and a few other groups of explorers left to roam wild.

Oh and a sheep that we rescued from a fence.

Yes It's trashed, yes It's a tourist hotspot, but despite this the immense scale and beauty of the place still makes it a great explore. You all know the history so i'll get on with some photos!

dengby.jpg

blur.jpg

weighbridge.jpg

morgue.jpg

distro.jpg

distro2.jpg

window.jpg

bin.jpg

silos.jpg

chimneys.jpg

nursery.jpg

Asbestos tunnels

tunnel.jpg

frame.jpg

sign.jpg

lift.jpg

puddle.jpg

And one from that epic drive in..

12491915_10156481730820327_3419363673927652050_o.jpg

triggersnappy77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
some nice photos! I'm heading Wales for a road trip and some exploring! this is the main reason but we have a few others places to stop on way to Denbigh

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details