real time web analytics
Report - - The Old Pier - Hull 08/08/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Old Pier - Hull 08/08/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MADMAX

28DL Full Member
This place seems to have been done a number of times recently, but Swis and I thought it was still worth a visit on a sunny summer’s eve.
Thanks to turkey for access advice, it was definitely the easiest way into the compound.
It's fair to say they're not a very inspiring pair of buildings inside; so probably the most interesting thing is the dereliction of the old wooden part of the pier and the train tracks that ran on it.
Not really sure why it's not been demolished, I think some more research is needed.
Also, I'd really like to track down some old pictures of it in use and to post them up as a comparison.
Anyway, it gave an opportunity to give my D80 a slightly better run for its money, so here's a few shots.

p4.jpg

p1.jpg

p3.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p2.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

S

swis

As stated previously, this place has been done to the death so a small selection of photos for you.

Some twisted rail tracks. Hmmm, looks like Railtrack are back in business. "The train departing platform 4 is delayed due to the wrong kind of twist in the rails.."

P1010004-2.jpg

The depot from the shores of dear old blighty..

P1010005-2.jpg

I just love old signage. Makes the difference between a great explore and a give it a miss one.

P1010007-3.jpg

The 'arty' sunlight shot. Totally necessary..

P1010010-3.jpg