real time web analytics
Report - - The Power Station - NGTE Pyestock - 31/5/08 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Power Station - NGTE Pyestock - 31/5/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Last year, after a hard, yet awsome days exploring we had one building left to check out on our map. Out of all of the buildings on the map the one simply named 'Power Station' stuck out like a sore tumb to me. If you asked me what my ideal explore would be a powerstation would probalbly be the jist of it!

Entering the building through the first convenient open doorway it maybe seemed like a bit of a let down.. After the mighty Airhouse, from the ground floor atleast, the building seemed rather small and uninteresting. Me and Dab quickly made our way up the stairs keen to get the place done and head home. The front of the building was no better, just a few offices, pretty stripped out, nothing much to see untill suddenly, at the end of the coridoor i catch the unmistakable glimps of green that could mean only one thing!

I make a bee line stright to the end, through the doors into the glass walkway. It was emmense! why had i not seen pics of this surely this place had 'been done' many times? We definatly wernt the first explorers to grace the NGTE!

Fast forward a year and a half and im back again.. This time the feeling is alot differant, security are sitting a few yards from the building in thier make shift portakbin home come dog kennel compound but that must be put the back of your mind for a while, there is a mission afoot...!

_mg_9421mod.jpg

The view that graces you, the newest thing in the whole room is that phone! even the drawers are full of 1960s documents and electrics catalogues

_mg_9480mod.jpg

The desk, stained from condensation dripping off the glass brick skylight above.

_mg_9468mod.jpg

Walls covered in buttons and switches

_mg_9455mod.jpg

Reactor 1 and 2? i still dont relly know what it refers to..

_mg_9412mod.jpg

Healthy Trip! too right

_MG_9476.jpg

I felt it nessicary to have a 'clear up' 2nd time around, it wasnt quite the same with all the draws open and stuff scattered all over the desk!

pano1-1.jpg

A little bendy

_MG_9483.jpg

Too the right of the desk a doorway leads around the back of the panels...

_MG_9484.jpg

into this maze of switchgear and spare parts.

_mg_9492mod.jpg

Heading back across the top floor passed this...

_mg_9497mod.jpg

you find yourself on the top floor of the turbine hall, the single Parsons generator looks a little lost in the big hall on its own

_mg_9488mod.jpg

Fortunatly it is joined by this magnificant little beast! I felt like i was on a ship for a second there!

_mg_9508mod.jpg

Only one final thing to do, climb that crane!

And thats why i like it, what do we look for when exploring? untouched for ages, mint, interesting, unique places! well this is it for me!