real time web analytics
Report - - The River Sherbourne Under Coventry 29.11.08 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The River Sherbourne Under Coventry 29.11.08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MADMAX

28DL Full Member
The River Sherbourne flows right under the centre of Coventry, out of sight and mind of the general public.
A tunnel a mile or so in length with a slight break in the middle, there are various types of stone and brick work to be seen. Also pipes, arches, side tunnels of various sizes, weirs and the odd rat.
When Tims rang me about it, I'd just put my waders in the bath to soak off the Paris Catacombs grime :rolleyes:
So I had to borrow Sixxfingers waders that had been rolled up since our return last weekend.
Smelling them was a fatal mistake, I slightly spewed up first time :P
I travelled down with Tims, Cobra, and Lincs Rover on a very foggy Friday night.
We met our guide, Coventry local Petrol in the dodgiest street in the area, kitted up and headed for the entrance.
Overcoming the stench for Sixx's waders, we set off into the darkness for a couple of hours of UE.
Here are my results:

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

The water never got above knee height, but you could tell that it has easily reached chest height in the past.
Anyway, it was an interesting explore and well worth the trip.
Thanks to Petrol for his help and hope to see you again soon mate.

petrolhead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
was good meeting you last night madmax. was a good explore, shame is was so bloody cold, although it seemed to warm up underground?!?
heres a few of my pics:

IMGP1310.jpg

IMGP1316.jpg

IMGP1318.jpg

IMGP1324copy.jpg

IMGP1328.jpg