real time web analytics
Question - - The Scene Club, Ham Yard, London | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - The Scene Club, Ham Yard, London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Harry Stammers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi,

I am an author researching The Scene Club in Ham Yard, London for my next novel. This was a well known night club and music venue during the 1960's (several well known bands played there) in the basement of this building in central London:

hqdefault.jpg

The entrance was is through the archway to the left of the above picture. The club itself was down a flight of stairs, in the basement.

Has anyone been able to gain access to these premises, know of anyone who has, have any pictures, know anything about who owns the building now, or have any other information that might be of use? I would very much like to gain access if at all possible...

Thanks.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Have you tried planning applications on Westminster planning portal?

There's about 60 applications relating to Ham Yard.

An application from 2011 made by Firmdale Hotels plc mentions 14-18 Ham Yard. They own the Ham Yard Hotel so I'd start there.

Harry Stammers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Yorrick. Looking at Ham Yard on google maps, it rather looks like Ham Yard has been developed, as you say, as part of The Ham Yard Hotel complex. I think I'm going to have to pay the place a visit to see if it still exists at all... But yes, I will take a look at the Westminster planning portal. Cheers.

Tricia

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi,

I am an author researching The Scene Club in Ham Yard, London for my next novel. This was a well known night club and music venue during the 1960's (several well known bands played there) in the basement of this building in central London:

hqdefault.jpg

The entrance was is through the archway to the left of the above picture. The club itself was down a flight of stairs, in the basement.

Has anyone been able to gain access to these premises, know of anyone who has, have any pictures, know anything about who owns the building now, or have any other information that might be of use? I would very much like to gain access if at all possible...

Thanks.
I went to film earlier this year. I. Was there as a member 62/63 still have some original records and helped smiler book mods the new religion