real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - The Sun 29/05/08 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News The Sun 29/05/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

si o doom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
........ he suggested that copyright infringements should be invoiced at three times the "going rate" ... we have to treat it as picture theft.

100% agreed, they should not be allowed to just steal photos. Lemme know if you need any help dealing with them. They may try a fair few excuses on you but there is always a counter foil to them....... even the old "cheque in the post" one :)

xm657

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What lame journalism, just makes you realise what tosh is written in newspapers as we all know this is a load of crap. Inpsired by 28 Days Later - I'd never even heard of that film til I found this forum. Think OT only used the name coz he'd bought it for some other reason and it was going spare.

Vivo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I love 28 Days Later! 28 Weeks Later is terrible though.

Photos like this might be the cause:
2223665690_5991a0eea0_o.jpg

I've not read a newspaper in a long time, you really can't tell what is true and it's not legitimate news if it's not real.

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
good good!

still struggling to believe that national papers are still upto this!! have they not been proved wrong enough times already???

same as vivo, I barely read the papers, and only really watch bbc news, and sometimes jon snow/Ch4, he's a laugh when he's grilling some source on something. other than that, don't bother

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
good good!

still struggling to believe that national papers are still upto this!! have they not been proved wrong enough times already???

So they get caught out and pay a bit over the going rate - but how often do they get away with similar theft (I bet the maths comes out in their favour :banghead)

si o doom

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, will do. I've got a couple of Plan B's in case they're reluctant – and it would be good if they're forced to pay for everyone's photos, ie. Gorecki, Defqon and Lost's too.

It would not only be good, its your legal right, It sounds like you've got it all covered but Like i said, give us a shout if ya need, Talking to the NUJ is a last resort but they should be a fairly good stick to hit 'em with if needed.

:thumb

R

RavagedArchitecture

That's ace guys, well done....you're gonna be quids in!!!! :)

RA

melvin26bmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Glen O Dee exterior is mine, im pretty sure of it. I have an invoice written so see how it goes

D

Defqon

Got a letter back from the Sun today, stating to give them my account details in order to make BACS payment into my account.

Anyone had this before? I stated cheque on my invoice, and the letter refers to this. You think it's genuine?

melvin26bmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just sent off an invoice today, i stated a cheque too. Anyone else heard back yet? How much did you all ask for?

Vivo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got a letter back from the Sun today, stating to give them my account details in order to make BACS payment into my account.

Anyone had this before? I stated cheque on my invoice, and the letter refers to this. You think it's genuine?

That'd be legit I'd think. It's a pretty safe way to do a money transfer. Faster than cheque anyway. Probably seems less dodgy for them than sending a cheque to some random bloke.

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Big newspaper companies tend to register you as a contributer on their payment system, as with any other freelancer that works for them. Then they should pay you by BACS.

I'm assuming you've checked the return address on the letter? If you're unsure, phone the newspaper. But it sounds genuine to me.

On a positive note, it suggests they're going to pay you without fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.