real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - The Sun 29/05/08 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News The Sun 29/05/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Defqon

Cool,

Was just wondering, as the level of information they want would allow them to withdraw cash aswell as pay in cash.

The address ties up, virginia street as the News International Head office, it came form their contributions department. I'll fill in when I get home and send it off tonight.

Vivo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool,

Was just wondering, as the level of information they want would allow them to withdraw cash aswell as pay in cash.

The address ties up, virginia street as the News International Head office, it came form their contributions department. I'll fill in when I get home and send it off tonight.

What did they ask for? You don't need much more than sort code, bank address, and MAYBE account number. They can't do anything dodgy with your sort code, loads of people prefer it for that very reason.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Cool,

I take BACs payment often.

It is safe, the information you give them is the same as is printed on a cheque (all they actually need is bank acc no and sort code - but most also ask for bank name, account name and branch in order to ensure the correct account is used - again all these are on every cheque that is used)

On the otherhand if the return address for "the Sun" is in Nigeria, and they also want your pin number and mothers maiden name run away screaming. :D

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
I expect they're going to pay what the guy invoiced them for. It's not really negotiable is it, if they (the paper) are admitting liability (which they are, it would seem).

Yes, as styru says, just with a name and address and account details, they can't do much. Also, they have to keep your info safe by law. As long as the return address is ok, send it off quick.

melvin26bmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I e-mailed the sun this morning, just received this back..

Thanks for your email, however, for us to assist you require further information. Could you please supply the following: What the date and page it appeared in paper? Who the article was written by? Upon receipt of this information we should be able to investigate this matter further.

Anyone have a copy to give me these details?

foz101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for your email, however, for us to assist you require further information. Could you please supply the following: What the date and page it appeared in paper? Who the article was written by? Upon receipt of this information we should be able to investigate this matter further.

Anyone have a copy to give me these details?

Surely you should've put this stuff on your invoice and kept a copy? It would explain the delay! :p

hmltnangel

Banned
Banned
regarding the bank details mate - as you know i work for a bank .....:)

There is noway they can take money from your account without

a: you signing agreeing to it
b: id saying they are you

Bacs is a great transfer syem that most companies will use as its cheaper for them to use than cheques!

It'll cost them about 3p to send the payment to you rather than 50p for the cheque lol

it will take 2 days from the date they submit the payment to their BACS submitter.

all they will need from you is account, sort code, name, addres sof your bank (occasionally) and your address.

any doubts defquon pm me ;)

D

melvin26bmx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have sent an invoice and two emails about the article and i still have not heard back?! Is anyone else waiting to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.