real time web analytics
Report - - The Universal Grinding Wheel Co. - Stafford - 2012 to 2019 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Universal Grinding Wheel Co. - Stafford - 2012 to 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Great report dude, went for a mooch up here today, first chance ive had to get out for a while, real nice chilled explore, the modern office block at the frount is very stripped out, still a few bits worth seeing in the main factory though.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Fantastic report. Persistence paid off. I have been waiting 18 yrs for 6 near me. Finally got 2 done, 3rd I finally opened door to find no floor and a workman looking up at me from ground level lol, that used to be a pub!!

Some stunning shots there, and a great mix of retro & modern inside. Glad you got one of your nemeses done. Good job. :cool:

lonsdale

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went around this place with my engineering college back in the early 90's. I remember they had a huge hydro press that dated back to the early days with 1000 tonnes of pressure for the bigger wheels & they also made some 'Gunk' type product as a sideline.

Last edited:

lonsdale

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
...Come to think of it, Blue piping is usually water so that coupled with the accumulators could have been part of that older water based system??, Or not.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Passed here this week on the train and it's now demolished, we had a good run around the place and plenty of pics to document it's demise :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 381) View details