real time web analytics
Report - - The West Park Farewell Visit - November 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The West Park Farewell Visit - November 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Vm's Grasshopper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is no might about it.. Changing lenses in an asylum is always a bad idea! Haha.. I must of missed them in the cloning!

lucylorna

28DL Member
28DL Member
hey, pics look awesome! i'm new to all the abandoned sites, and want to do a shoot at west park this week, how easy is this one to get in to and is it worth asking for permission or anything? also does anyone know what the securities like? xx

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
hey, pics look awesome! i'm new to all the abandoned sites, and want to do a shoot at west park this week, how easy is this one to get in to and is it worth asking for permission or anything? also does anyone know what the securities like? xx

You're not likely to get answers to those questions here, I know I sound like an arse for saying it but at the moment really you just need to go and find out.

lucylorna

28DL Member
28DL Member
ok thanks, i see your from oxford - i am too :) have you found any interesting places to visit around us?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
ok thanks, i see your from oxford - i am too :) have you found any interesting places to visit around us?

Oxford itself is crap for explorable places really there is only the Water Eaton Grain Silo in the centre....RAF Upper Heyford is the big 'local' one along with Fairmile Asylum in Cholsey

goosewing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I find it so sad that WP is finally going, yet it feels a fitting tribute to the place that it has been so well documented photographically on 28DL. May she live on infinitely in the ether!

Cracking photos, so atmospheric really make me wish I lived close enough to get down there for a sneaky peek at her before she is gone for good :(

analepsis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tremendous photos all round...!

Makes me feel a bit emotional to think about it, with all this talk of the final days... :(

One Flew East

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Very.
No.
Nepalese.

Hope you have a great time, we did on sunday. You'll hate yourself forever if you decide not to.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
If you own a car maybe, but I doubt my chances of making it there on foot in one day ;)

Time to round up the Nottingham crew then, plenty of you up there - there must be one car in Nottingham that still has its wheels :p

But seriously mate - it's now or never.

And whilst down that way - you wont be a million miles from Pyestock.

Ah - right - that's your road trip sorted :) (I'll send you my bill :p)

goosewing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Time to round up the Nottingham crew then, plenty of you up there - there must be one car in Nottingham that still has its wheels :p

But seriously mate - it's now or never.

And whilst down that way - you wont be a million miles from Pyestock.

Ah - right - that's your road trip sorted :) (I'll send you my bill :p)

That would be a heavenly duo for a first time explorer like me, although i'm out of holiday until the new year and am busy most weekends int he evening at the moment. Hopefully there is a nice Notts 'splore in the pipeline for one saturday before Christmas, just a pity it isn't going to be this one though (although if anyone decides that this should happen, please drop me a line! ;)) - if I don't get shot first :rolleyes:

JellyBean

28DL Member
28DL Member
If any of the Notts crew are planning on doing this I'd be game to join. Still not got round to doing my first explore and I guess I could do worse for a first one than a semi demolished WP.

Being the worrying type that I am though it would be awesome to go with someone who knows what they're doing. I'd rather not drive the 8 hr or so round trip for nothing.

Fortunatly my car does still have wheels :p Albeit covered in snow wheels at this very moment :rolleyes:

Pyestock also would be amazing to do although all this talk of dogs lately does put me off slightly lol :)