real time web analytics
Report - - Theme Park, Corralejo Fuerteventura Oct 23 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Theme Park, Corralejo Fuerteventura Oct 23

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheExploreFather

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
On the canary island Fuerteventura, the resort of Corralejo has an abandoned theme park, previously known as Parque Europa Baku. Once home to an animal park—featuring seals, snakes, lizards, turtles, racoons, donkeys, birds and a shark tank—a haunted hotel, a bingo hall, a bowling alley, several botanical gardens and performance areas, a Chicago-style diner… even a life-sized galleon modelled after Christopher Columbus’s largest ship, La Santa María, its attractions have been decaying under a veneer of desert dust and graffiti since the late 2000s.

Minimal effort has been made to keep out urban explorers or, indeed, vandals—you can just walk in, a fella does live in the seal enclosure.

In the last decade or so, anything worth taking has been stolen, numerous structures—including the galleon, in May 2019—set alight by arsonists, others graffitied by vandals, and the gardens left to wither, unwatered and unloved.
Next door, a water park—once part of Baku—remains open seasonally, its name now changed to Acua Water Park, presumably in an effort to rebrand and distance itself from the failed theme park.

There’s not much to stop you getting into any of it, other than a few residents. Market place, theme park and safari park type, plenty of decent photo opportunites.

Enjoy. (Borrowed a bit of the content from another explore)

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2732.jpeg

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

IMG_2719.jpeg

IMG_2716.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

IMG_2702.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

IMG_2700.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2661.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2655.jpeg

IMG_2653.jpeg

IMG_2650.jpeg

IMG_2649.jpeg

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Can't believe this is still there remember wondering around this as a kid while it was abandoned on holiday.

Stevoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stumbled on this place back in 2012 whilst on my honeymoon.. Back then I think it was still quite newly abandoned as I remember it still being quite fresh. There was a massive pirate ship thing (Kids burnt it out I think) and there was an entertainment centre with a bowling alley and restaurant. I have some photos somewere I will try and dig them out.